Travelling round Bali and the more remote places, we decided to spend one night in the city of Ubud to check out the shopping and bars. We had been staying mostly in very low budget accommodation and paid a little more for this one, but still reasonable at £30 for the night with breakfast included (and think we chose a superior double for that price, so there are cheaper rooms on offer) Check in was at 2pm but we arrived very early at 10 am (we had allowed extra time to negotiate the roads as getting lost had been our forte until now) anyway no problems, staff let us check in early at no extra cost. The room was lovely fresh and clean. Bathroom was very nicely decorated. The pool area is beautiful and set in lush green gardens. The main reason we chose this property was the short distance to the center. A ten minute walk (maybe 15 mins if you don't march like me) and you are at the market and right in the hub of the city. The staff served breakfast on our balcony in the morning. Fresh fruit salad, eggs, toast, coffee and juice. Lovely staff, very nice rooms, super comfy big bed and easy to get to the center of Ubud. Bottom of the street, turn right and then its one straight road to the market. Would definitely stay here again. Oh and not only soap in the bathroom but also little sealed travel toothbrushes and toothpastes, nice little touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You may want to try this unique holiday experience. Alas Petulu cottages offering you a good value, quiet, peaceful and relaxed comfort in a tropical garden surrounding.This is the place where you can enjoy the true Balinese’s warm welcome. Just stay within, and you will find yourself become a part of a happy family.If you desire a small, good but inexpensive hotel in a quiet local neighborhood, Only walking distance from the center of Ubud, 5 minutes to monkey forest and 5 minutes to watch the population of thousand white heron birds, with cozy cottages, tropical garden and traditional warm Balinese hospitality, you are in the right place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Alas Petulu Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alas Petulu Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Alas Petulu Cottages Ubud, Bali