“Fantastic experience....see some real Bali” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 349 Activities in Ubud
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Sightseeing Tours
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic experience....see some real Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

What an intersting journey we had .....Beautiful scenery where you see rice paddies, rivers birds,insects,flowers, plants and native bush food ....the cocunut drink is a lovely touch at the rest stop..Su our guide is a wonderful knowlegeable lady who has the keenest eye I know!. After the walk you head back for a beautiful lunch. Dont forget suncreen, hat and walking shoes.....

Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
22 attraction reviews
“Unexpected fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Me and my mother took this walk because of the good reviews. I had my reservations at first though- I mean, I like doing outdoor things but a bird tour? I had low expectations for this to be honest.

But surprisingly, I ended up having a really good time! Su (the guide) is so passionate about nature and what she does, it's very admirable. Also, she's very funny :)

The walk took around 3 hours but passed by quickly because we were busy looking at birds, plants, and other things that Su so interestingly explains about during the walk. My advice: dress appropriately (think hiking or trailing), bring some water and wear a hat/sun screen. With a nice lunch included at the end of the journey, this is well worth the money - and the experience!

When else would you be able to walk through rice fields without getting lost and looking out of place?

Visited August 2012
Hastings, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Morning welll spent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent way to spemd a morning with the knowledgeable Su, who leads the walk through the rice paddies and explains everything in sight.

Visited November 2012
Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Su is really knowledgeable and knows everything about the area (it's her village). I was more interested in the insects and rice paddies than the birds but found it interested still to be birdwatching. We saw about 23 birds on a 3 hours walk. Bring a hat and sunscreen because it will get hot! Also we requested a early 7.30am tour and it was much nicer than it would've been at 9am and getting hot, so make your decision based on the weather :)

Visited October 2012
Noonamah NT
3 attraction reviews
“Surprising”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I wasnt really keen to start with - thinking oh well another zoo type feature but I actually had an absolute ball. Relaxing and fun.

Visited October 2012