“A place to go” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 315 Ubud B&B and Inns
Toulon, France
“A place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

it was a really great time! The rooms where great, if you get the one with the garden view it's even better! Breakfast with the view is awesome! The people are really sweet and will help you out if you need anything!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Indraprashta was the first place we stayed after arriving in Bali. It is located on one of the two main streets in downtown Ubud (the other being Jl. Monkey Forest).

The home stay is situated somewhat receded from the road, which makes for quietness. It is surrounded by a nice and quiet garden.

Our deluxe room was on the upper floor on one of the buildings. The terrace outside the room was nice, breakfast was served there every morning.

The room itself, while very clean, was very basic compared to other places we've seen at comparable prices. We thought that they could at least have provided soap for washing your hands in the bathroom, luckily we brought our own.

Overall a nice place, but I suspect you can find better ones in Ubud for the same price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Indraprastha is a peaceful place where you can hide for a while from the chaos of the centre of Ubud. Green, clean, owned by nice people, close to small shops, spa, attractions, bars and restaurants. It is not luxurious as a great resort, but it has all the basic confort tourists could "need" (airco, fan, small fridge...). I won't have any problem in stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Excellent place to stay downtown Ubud. Owners were great and the place is gorgeous. The place is inside a courtyard that looks like a jungle. Even though its downtown, it seems as though you're staying in a forest. They serve you breakfast every morning. Stayed 4 days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Cobargo, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had a lovely time at Indraprastha Home Stay, the people were helpful, kind and always available with maps, advice and great smiles.
I would recommend any travellers who want to be close to the centre of town but also where it is quiet , peaceful and beautiful suroundings.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place was perfect! Beautiful grounds, lovely family and staff, and great location. The rooms are set back from the road so it's nice and quiet. The room is basic, a nice size and includes a fridge. My favorite part was the large balcony where they served my breakfast every morning; the green banana pancakes with fresh fruit. I miss them!!
There are great places to eat right across the street including Kafe which has tons of delicious organic vegan and vegetarian options and great coffee drinks. Everything you need is within walking distance, like the Yoga Barn right down the street. I also recommend the Eco Bike Tour. The staff at the homestay will sign you up and just add the cost to your bill. It's only $25 approx and it was one of the highlights of my whole trip.
A couple things to note. The geckos make a loud trilling noise like a bird. I had one that lived in my room that scared the crap out of me my first night. But they eat bugs so he was allowed to stay. When I arrived I found out my room had no A/C. Some rooms do and some don't. I was really uncertain as it's really hot during the day and I like to keep my room cool for sleeping. Surprisingly I didn't miss it. They had a fan pointed at the bed and it was mild at night. Slept like a baby. The only frustration I had was the wifi was very sketchy. It was off and on all the time. The good thing is all the restaurants and cafes offer free wifi. Mostly I was out seeing sights and doing things so it wasn't a big deal. I also think they may have been looking to get it fixed.
I would definitely stay here again. I'm surprised people found it pricey. I payed $150 USD for a whole week including breakfast. On Gili Island I paid $90 for 2 nights in a hotel that didn't have any of the hospitality or charm with dismissive staff and pealing walls.
I look forward to coming back to Indraprastha in the future!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Me and my friend stayed here for 3 nights in August, the room was absolutely huge with a balcony area and a beautiful view on to a small rice padi. The room was very clean and even had a fridge which was handy for keeping water and other bits and pieces in, free breakfast was also lovely and very handy when you're travelling on a budget. The family who own the homestay were very friendly and helpful, giving us tips and info on where to go. We had a pet gekko in our room who was a little bit noisy at night but it just added to the experience!

I would definitely recommend Indraprastha, I would have loved to have stayed longer had time allowed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Indraprastha Home Stay? Share your experiences!