“Absolutely loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jiwa Damai Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jiwa Damai Retreat
You added Jiwa Damai Retreat to your Saves list
Jalan Melati 2, Ubud, Bali 80352, Indonesia   |
Ranked #60 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
manchester, UK
“Absolutely loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I had a fabulous weekend here on my own. The retreat is so peaceful and beautiful and the food was the best vegetarian food I had eaten pretty much anywhere. Its a great place to stay if you want to feel in tune with nature, have some quiet or reflective time and relaxation. I took part in the yoga session every morning, walked the local rice fields and enjoyed the wildlife and organic garden. Margret is very nurturting and gently makes sure everyone is enjoying their stay. My room was lovely as was my massage. All in all one of the highlights of my Bali trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Jiwa Damai is a hidden place near Ubud on Bali Island. If you are looking for a gorgeous and peaceful place to stay, you definitely have to stay in this place surrounded by nature.
The high standard rooms (for a reasonable price) are nicely arranged and decorated. And the food ... oh my good ! so delicious and 100% homemade with organic products from the garden. You can't miss it! i'm still dreaming about it!
Jiwa Damai provides retreat seminars. I attempted one of them in December 2010 about "unfolding the heartselfintelligence" which i would recommend to anyone.
I've been there twice. The first time by chance, the second time on purpose. Now i fell in love with that place.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I was planning a romantic vacation with my girl-friend and came across Jiwa Damai when I was looking for retreat centers in Bali. We are Californians, so we came to Bali to surf & enjoy the beaches. Yet when I found this secluded retreat center 20 minutes from Ubud, I knew right away this was the place for us. The room we stayed in is the Bamboo Room and we had a beautiful king-size bed, and nice bathrooms all for a very reasonable price. They have the most beautiful garden, and the staff is super friendly and approachable. We had dinner every night made by Jiwa Damai’s Balinese cook and it was delicious. If you want a place where you can relax, have your space, and feel rejuvenated, this is the place for you. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I had the pleasure of coming to Jiwa Damai for a self-empowerment & self-help workshop in December led by Margret Rueffler, the guardian of Jiwa Damai as well as a known psychotherapist. It was a wonderful 5-day seminar located at the heart of Bali, in the most beautiful surroundings. Jiwa Damai is a retreat center and organic garden. We spent the mornings doing yoga with Margret and in the afternoons I swam in the pool after a day of lectures. We had a fantastic cook that made nutritious and healthy Balinese meals 3x a day. I spent the evenings talking to other participants and getting to know them a bit more & it was delightful. Jiwa Damai is the perfect place to come to for healing & relaxation purposes. Jiwa Damai means ”peace of soul”, it makes perfect sense.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Jiwa Damai is an inspiring place! In the midst of jungle vegetation, music of birds, frogs and lizards! The rooms are beautiful, clean and tasteful. Food is excellent, best food ever eaten in Bali so far. People who work here are all very friendly, as a matter of fact the whole place deserves the name Jiwa Damai which means peace of the soul!
I also participated in a workshop, which I recommend to anybody who searches for new perspectives! Highly qualified!
I can very much recommend this place. Ambar

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Seminyak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I am an American, living in Bali for about 5 years and I can't believe it took me this long to discover Jiwa Damai, a wonderful retreat just outside of Ubud. Usually I spend a lot of time in Amed (east bali) when I want to take a break from the city life of Kuta area, but this time I decided to do something different when a group of friends arrived from the states wanting to do a yoga and meditation retreat. Jiwa Damai was recommended to me by someone who was recently there. It is perfect for those who want to relax, meditate, enjoy nature and also practice yoga. They have a fabulous cook and a friendly staff, all the rooms are decorated with exquisite taste and soft linens, the entire place is surrounded by water ponds and the jungle around is well groomed with romantic paths throughout. There is even a vegetable garden where one can go pick their own herbs. Fantastic! I highly recommend this special place and I will return regularly from now on!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Jiwa Damai Retreat? Share your experiences!