We couldn't be happier with our stay in Kudos guesthouse in Ubud. We were looking for a place with a reasonable price (under 400,000 rupiah/$40 per night) during the high summer season, but found other guest houses in town to be fully booked or too expensive.
The most important criteria we had for a guesthouse was cleanliness, and Kudos certainly met that. The bathroom and spacious rooms were well cleaned everyday. Ani was very helpful and friendly and speaks great english. Her dog, Amo, was so fun to play with. She can also arrange a car rental for day trips. The breakfast was fine and met the standard for Bali--eggs/pancake.
Kudos is 20-25 minute walk from town through rice fields. The walk is not too taxing even after a full day of walking. Once, we took a taxi back at night and paid 30,000 for 5 people. Its location away from town offered us serene and beautiful countryside surroundings. You can hear the frogs, crickets and ducks, which added to the charm of the place. Although, once you are back at the hotel, the food options are limited. We ate at restaurant called Bintang that sells pretty decent indonesian and japanese food.
Overall, we were delighted at our stay in Kudos and recommend it to anyone who's going to Ubud on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guest house Kudos is located in an area which is regarded as the cultural centre of Bali. This area is famous as an arts and crafts hub. The town and nearby villages consist of countless artists' workshops and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Guest House Kudos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guest House Kudos Hotel Ubud
- Guest House Kudos Ubud, Bali