Desa Sanctuary remarkably ruined my Ubud vacation.
- They made a mistake in my booking and instead offered a room across the street. The room is old, dark, and not properly maintained. Definitely not worth the USD 115 I paid in advance. That’s correct. Advance bookings must be paid fully in advance.
- The place only has 5 rooms and they still made a double booking error. I learned from the staff that there had been 3 similar incidents that month. Note that I arrived on Aug 4. If this was a tactic, it had no good benefit for tourists.
- From the hotel, you need a cab if you plan to go to Ubud Center. It costs around 50K rupiah for a one-way trip. Even the local driver commented that the place is far. He even asked me why not get better and cheaper hotels near Ubud Center.
- Also Known As:
- Desa Sanctuary, The Village Hotel
- Desa Sanctuary, The Village Hotel Ubud
- Desa Sanctuary, The Village Ubud, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village is a cozy B&B with 5 unique homes (instead of "rooms") ... a mix of East and West is found here with Javanese Joglos, Balinese Lumbungs and Kampung house. A warm environment with friendly staff, beautiful pool and WIFI. Our B&B is on the the same street as the famous healer of "Eat, Pray, Love." Just a 5 minute drive from the center of town or a quick 20 minute walk....ideal for those coming on retreat to Ubud. The BIG NEWS.....we are rolling back our rates! We WANT to make your stay in Ubud the best vacation you have ever had!Take a look at web site to make a reservation! ... more less