“I wanted for nothing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desa Sanctuary, The Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Desa Sanctuary, The Village
Jalan Pengosekan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #57 of 289 Ubud B&B and Inns
Oaxaca, Mexico
“I wanted for nothing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Desa Sanctuary totally met my needs for my sojourn in Bali. I was looking for a quiet place for study and reflection along with sight-seeing. My three weeks in Rumah Tinggi provided the environment which enabled me to accomplish my goals. Plus, the staff was helpful in every way, provided a very nice breakfast, and kept everything clean and functioning. I wanted for nothing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

After being served a delicious breakfast each morning, you can take off to see the sights of Ubud. I had a push bike organised for me by the staff so that was a great way to see the place, drop into yoga classes, join the festivities then return home to take a nice long swim in the pool before heading out for dinner. It's a place to rest, re-charge, re-balance and revitalise yourself. The staff will make sure you are very well looked after and they can't do enough to help you out! Check it out, you'll love it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Desa Sanctuary for 3 nights for our 1 year anniversary before heading to the islands. Didi was absolutely wonderful during the weeks prior to our trip arranging airport pick-up, sending links to restaurants for us to try while we were there, and answering any questions we had. We stayed in the Rumma Tinggi which was perfect for us because it afforded us some privacy. It is a little ways walk from town, but we had no problem making the walk every day. It's super cheap to arrange a taxi though. Staff was lovely and attentive - we will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Situated among a local kampung, this little gem is amazing.

Service was excellent, atmosphere was peaceful and near to Ubud Market.
Easy access to restaurants, supermarkets, art galleries etc.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

If you don't mind staying a little further down the road (we didn't) then you will totally love this place. It is a sanctuary for sure. The staff was excellent. Food was very good for breakfast but the staff will also order out for dinner and pick it up! The Yoga Barn is within walking distance. I would suggest renting a scooter for your stay however. They are usually about $40 a week and totally worth it. The streets can be a bit narrow for walking. Bali is really not a good place for jogging either. But there are fitness clubs if you like to run like I do... You cannot go wrong for the price here but you will need to get the logistics together a bit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lipis, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

The service was impeccable. We had 'room service' from restaurants outside. Desa Sanctuary attendants were great. We could let them know what food we wanted from different restaurants nearby and they would be happy to get them for us.
That was the highlight of our stay.

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed at Desa Sanctuary earlier this year and I loved it. The staff are very welcoming and sweet and will do anything to help you. I stayed in two different bungalows while I was there, both were lovely. Very homely, rustic feel, lots of wood and nice art etc and very clean beds and lovely bathrooms with outdoor style showers. The rooms had kitchen facilities too which was great. I felt very at home there. The sanctuary is full of amazing greenery and you feel so relaxed as soon as you get there. It's like sleeping in a rainforest. The pool was lovely and refreshing and the breakfast included was simple and delicious, like banana pancakes! what a luxury! Location wise it was nice because it is a good 15 minute walk to the main town area so it feels a bit more secluded and quiet. Of course you can always hop on a motor bike and be in town in 2 mins but I enjoyed the walk past the interesting stalls along the way. The sanctuary has good security, with a man at the gate and locks on all the doors and windows. I felt that myself and my belongings were very secure. Particularly because it is such a small place and there are always a few staff around to keep an eye on things. It was a very special and restful place and I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to do the usual 'hotel' thing and who just really want to feel secluded and relaxed. I thought it was good value for money too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Desa Sanctuary, The Village? Share your experiences!