“Exotic Beauty!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #137 of 332 Ubud B&B and Inns
Limassol, Cyprus
“Exotic Beauty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This place is not only exotic and beautiful but one of the most incredible places i have ever stayed in and the most amazing experience of my life. Is feels just like home, its quiet, exotic, nice and most important its value for money.
My trip to Bali back in 2011 was the most amazing trip i have ever had and the most strong experience of my life, which i will never forget. This place has contributed to these feelings. The thing that i've noticed most is the amazing personality of the staff! Is located next to the Monkey Forest which is amazing if you like to wake up in the morning and find some of the cutest monkeys in your front yard! Everything in this place is amazing and it is highly reccomended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Bali has long since ceased being a $5 a night establishment. I stayed at the Coffee and Copper suite for 7 nights and really enjoyed it. I think people may be assuming that anything over $20 US will buy luxury, but that's no longer the case - and given the conditions of a global economy, nor should it be. The cost of this room I thought was quite reasonable. It was right next door to the monkey forest, so you WILL get moneys clambering over your balcony and pretty much claiming the territory as their own with the aplomb of a hairy psychopath, but that's why I stayed there. If you want a sanitised resort, there's plenty of those too, but this isn't one of them. By the way, close your balcony door if you're staying in the suite ... the monkeys do assertively regard your room as thier own, and in my case an alpha male claimed a paket of 6 panadol and appeared to threaten me with death if I came anywhere near to challenging him. The establishment is clean, breakfast good, and generally comfortable with a sense of family. The food at the restaurant is also really good (with a damn fine house white!). I've only lowered the rating from 5 to 4 because the shower was a bit half hearted, but really, I'd stay there again in a flash!

Room Tip: The suite was around $56 AUS, but a friend stayed in one of the regular rooms which for $50 AUS was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Berwick St John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at Coffee Copper at the beginning and the end of a recent Bali holiday. Enquiries and bookings were handled quickly and efficiently and they arranged transport to and from the airport as well as taking me to Pemuteran where I stayed for a few days.
The hotel is small and very charming. I booked the suite which was absolutely beautiful and right on the edge of the monkey forest. Indeed I did one day leave my balcony door open for a few minutes and very quickly a monkey came into the room! One tip I'd give is to bring canvas shopping bags or holdalls as the plastic bags you get in the shops are very appealing to the monkeys who can easily tear them open, hence you are warned not to bring them into the forest. I actually got scratched by a monkey who thought I had some food, and the guys at the hotel were brilliant, taking me to local hospitals for treatment and cheering me up (they were great in reassuring me that the Ubud monkeys were not rabies carriers).
Another nice thing is the band on Tuesday nights, I really enjoyed this.
Ubud is a busy town with lots of shops and Coffee Copper is well placed for these, and you can then come back and relax around the small pool.
If I were to come back to Bali and Ubud, this would definitely be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: I think the suite was a fabulous choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gumi, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in the suite room. The room is really nice with a beautiful view of the pool area. I did have a problem with this huge lizard that kept crawling into the room through the roof but the staff were really helpful in taking the lizard out . The staff service was amazing, always smiling. We had an early checkout on our last day and they were kind enough to bring our breakfast to our room. We had dinner at the restaurant the one evening and the food was good, their fries are amazing!! It's covered in coconut.The location is good, walking distance to monkey forest rd., just beware of walking through monkey forest at night, the monkeys can be scary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Americus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Very nice room, nice grounds and extremely friendly staff. Good standard breakfast. Generally quiet and pleasant, with a small pool and decent cafe. Unfortunately I was woken up at 4 am when the owner and his friends were drinking beer and loudly splashing around in the pool, and then at breakfast he was walking around drunk at 8:30 am. Kind of detracted from the whole experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gangtok, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Cute and cosy little place in the middle of Monkey Forest. It has very few cottages a small restaurant an even smaller pool, an internet cafe. Wayan explained the concept of ecological coffee to us and I laugh even to this day. Very pleasant say here.

Room Tip: Hire a bike because walking back at night through the forest can be scary.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in this b&b. The room was very large, we had 2 floors with a terrace downstairs and a nice balcony upstairs. Location is next the monkey forest and very calm. The owner arranged for us the airport pickup and further our transport to candi dasa.

We enjoyed our stay here. I can only recommend this place.

Saskia

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Coffee & Copper? Share your experiences!