Our group was extremely impressed with Villa Puri Darma Agung. It is a gorgeous property offered at an incredible price.
Puri Daram Agung is a two villa compound located about 10 minutes outside of central Ubud. The property is set in the center of a lovely rice field. The first villa has a king size bed. The second villa has a king size bed and a day bed which can serve as a twin bed for an additional guest.
When we arrived, we did not realize that the property consisted solely of the two villas. We actually expected that it would be part of a march larger property / series of villas. As a result, we were pleasantly surprised to learn that what we thought was the "hotel" lobby was actually a very spacious living room / shared communal lounge space for our villas.
Puri Darma Agung is tastefully decorated and the pictures on the website don't do it full justice. The style is contemporary Balinese. The plunge pool is a very spacious horizon pool with attached jacuzzi tub (unheated). In addition to the main villas and living room, there is also a separate raised observation deck / lounge which serves as an excellent reading area and place to gaze upon the rice fields.
Bathrooms are large with attractive bath tubs and rain showers. Water pressure is a little weak in the shower; however, given the remote location, this didn't bother us.
The owner has been very thoughtful in preparing the property for overseas visitors. The compound includes:
- wireless internet access (a bit slow, but relatively fast by local standards)
- ample universal adapters for charging appliances
- a collection of CDs that perfectly complement the atmosphere
- umbrellas in case of rain
In addition to the above, we had 2-3 staff available at all times -- a cook, cleaning staff, and property manager. Hard to believe so many people were there to support us at such a reasonable nightly rate!
I would highly recommend the property. It is on par with some of the better known luxury properties in the area and is great value. Our room rate included: transfers to/from DPS airport, one trip per day into Ubud town, and breakfast. Lunch and dinner are also available at reasonable rates. Food is made to order and of very good quality.
The only draw backs that I see:
- both villas had leaky toilets. This is a big issue (and tempted me to lower the star rating); however, I am assuming the owner will fix this ASAP. Everything else was so perfect I don't feel right "dinging" him on this one given that the place is fairly new and the staff were quick to try to fix things. Be sure to check with the owner about this when you book
- coffee at the property isn't very good. If you like strong coffee, you might want to bring your own ground beans
- we saw a few snakes. Completely expected given the location in the middle of a rice field. Just be aware
- the compound is very secluded but staff are always in / out of the shared space. As a result, it isn't quite as private as other villas in the area
I still prefer the Four Seasons Sayan; however, at 1/4th of the cost (for two villas), kind of hard not to love this place. My guess is that it will get a lot of loyal repeat visitors once the word is out.
One tip: be sure to take driving directions for the property with you into town. It isn't well known and taxis will need the directions in order to find it. Also, given the small size of the property, it does not have spa facilities; however, these are easily accessible in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Darma Agung is a luxurious privately owned villa with 4 air conditioned bedrooms and ensuites,2 with bath tubs. Large open air living and dinning pavilion overlooking pool,jacuzzi and spacious tropical gardens,giving you the highest level of luxury,and traditional Balinese service,set amongst beautiful rice fields only 10 minutes from Ubud. Free Wi-FI, TV, DVD - CD player. Full dinning service available. Private Airport Transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, T4B, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa Puri Darma Agung reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Puri Darma Agung Ubud, Bali