“Nice place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kue Bakery and Cafe

Kue Bakery and Cafe
Jl. Raya Ubud, Jl. Raya Penestanan | Udud and Penestanan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
(0361) 975-249
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 407 restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Café
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Always stop here fir a refresher as a half way point when mountain biking. I haven't eaten anything from the menu as such, just had a coffee or cake/sweet. Sometimes the cakes are a bit dry but they are generally tasty and home made so yummy.

I always stock up on the rustic bread, taking a loaf home with me. It is the best I've had in Bali.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Bali, Indonesia
“Nice place to hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

While I visting ubud, I always stop by in this nice place.. afternoon tea or evening coffee and chocolate eclair are just perfect.. love to spend my afternoon in this place..

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Anazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We came for a breakfast everyday during our stay in Ubud.
Everything was super testy, specially home made jam!
Eggs with grilled champignones are sooo good!
Chilly atmospher and friendly service!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Favorite Place to Eat in Ubud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Any time I go to Ubud I must go to Kue. I must. I take everyone I know also. People think this place is for chocolate or cakes (Which it is and that's what Kue means), however the food they serve is absolutely delicious. My favorites are the brie and tomato sandwich on focaccia, all of the salads, falafel, avocado and cheddar wrap and of course the potato wedges with chili mayo. This is no ordinary place. The food is made with care and is really special. There are meat dishes too, I just tend to get lost in my favorites.
For dessert the eclair has my heart but their cookies are also amazing. Order a beautiful tea or yummy coffee to go with it and you'll have yourself the perfect afternoon treat.
Also the staff are friendly and always sweet, unlike many Ubud spots where the local staff are sick of us foreigners.

This place is the BEST

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“do NOT EAT THE CHEESECAKE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Worst excuse for a cheesecake I have ever so unfortunately witnessed. The top fruit layer was a gelatin goo that could be peeled right off as a seperate piece... Totally dry goo. The cheesecake itself had a gooey crust instead of crunchy and graham like. I even asked before and they said t would be hard. No flavour, disgusting texture. When I only took two bites and went to pay saying it was awful (politely) they offered nothing but a grunt and proceeded to charge me for it with their service % included. Some service, some cheesecake!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere