“Inspiration for the mind, body & soul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ONEWORLD retreats Kumara

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
You added ONEWORLD retreats Kumara to your Saves list
Jalan Suweta, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Free morning yoga classes
Ranked #4 of 278 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hobart, Australia
“Inspiration for the mind, body & soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

A perfect place to indulge your senses. This is the second time I have attended a yoga retreat at Kumara . Total luxury. The food was sensational. My rooms were private and very comfortable & clean. Yoga was blissful. The spa treatments heavenly. The staff were wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed at Kumara in April and attended the 'Escape the World Retreat'. It was an amazing experience. Upon arriving at Kumara I felt calmer and a sense of belonging. The accommodation was spacious, clean and afforded lovely views. The yoga led by Iyan was fantastic even if I was only a beginner and injured! Iyan and Wayan went out of their way to show you alternative moves. I learnt an incredible amount during the retreat with respect to yoga and spirituality and from Iyan's teachings as well as a fantastic exposure to Balinese culture. The spa treatments are beautiful, so relaxing and indulging. The food is heavenly, so much variety, so much flavour and so beautifully prepared. The staff are amazing, so attentive and efficient. Claude and Iyan, thank you for an amazing experience. I loved my time at Kumara it is a beautiful place and I can't wait
to return one day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Whether you are looking for an amazing yoga experience, lovely accommodations in a beautiful place or just a quick getaway this is the place to go. I am a true beginner in yoga, but traveled with a friend who has quite a bit of experience - we attended the "Escape The World" retreat run by Iyan and Wayan and we thought both of them were wonderful. The attention to details from the yoga program to meals to the spa treatments were flawless.

The setting is truly like staying a beautiful monastery with great food and a spa - perfect! Claude should be extremely proud of his team and how they make everyone feel very welcome.

Stayed April 2012
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

In April 2012 I went on a one week yoga retreat at Kumara with my mother (Family but not for children). I was expecting to deepen my practice and relax from my hectic job but I received so much more. The staff are totally dedicated to ensure every guest has the rewarding and relaxing experience. Most details go unnoticed but they are very meticulous. I didn't have to think about a thing.

The yoga teachers were fantastic and very helpful in guiding us on an experience that encompassed not only our physical self but also our emotional and spiritual well being. We also were immersed (literally) into the beautiful Balinese culture with many cultural talks and rituals.

The scenery is beautiful and the rooms are clean, fresh, and clutter free. There was a little construction noise from other adjoining resorts but that can't be helped. The rooms, pool, and yoga pavilion overlook the jungle which was just so amazingly relaxing and rejuvenating. Every experience in intertwined to make this a very rewarding journey. You don't have to be an expert at yoga either. Iyan and Wyann were very accommodating to every level of yoga from first timers or more advanced practitioners. All in all, can't say anything but good things. I wish I could go back today.

Oh... I forgot about the food. THE FOOD. So delicious and so good for you. Amazing meals, together with your new friends every night. Yum!

Very Highly recommended. I hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Asking for a room with a jungle view might be better. Some rooms were further away.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I loved everything about this place. The rooms are spacious and clean. The views are beautiful and the staff are very friendly. The only negative is the dining - our breakfast each day was medicore. However, you get great value for your money and you feel like you are in a different world yet only 3 minutes from central Ubud by scooter or shuttle.

I think if I was enrolled in one of the retreats I would have given this place 5 stars as they serve up meals along with the stay. I wish I had checked into this place from the beginning as I spent the previous 10 nights at the Royal Kamuela Monkey Forest Road.

I left on Sunday and said good bye to heaven longing to return another day!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Absolutely fantastic. Would highly recommend. An experience I will never forget

• Stayed April 2012
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My time at the retreat in Bali was so much more than just a trip. It was a journey on so many levels--physically with new types of yoga, culturally, emotionally and spiritually. The staff at the retreat are beautiful, loving, attentive and so very gracious. I was not much into meditating before going but I found myself totally immersed and have continued my practice. Iyan was not just our yoga practice instructor but our guide, leader, and mentor. He gave all of himself to us and it was a true gift. Loved the peace and quiet and thoroughly enjoyed the massages and facials at the spa. Left there everytime feeling like royalty. The food was heavenly--fresh, local, and creative. The open air yoga pavilion helped us take our practice to a whole new level. I felt deeply affected by the ceremonies and grateful to have had this opportunity.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to ONEWORLD retreats Kumara? Share your experiences!