“Amazing setting and yoga” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 349 Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Launched in 2007, The Yoga Barn was created by its founders for the sole purpose of bringing together community and giving back to the island of Bali. Located in the heart of Ubud, Bali's cultural hub, The Yoga Barn is Indonesia's most well known Yoga Studio & Retreat Center complex. More than your typical studio, The Yoga Barn has daily classes in Yoga, Dance, Meditation, a center dedicated to Holistic Healing including Detox Programs & Colonics, an Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Center, an organic vegetarian Garden kafe, community events such as Sound Healing, Kirtan and movie nights, as well as a wonderful Guest House with 10 double occupancy rooms.The Yoga Barn's "Yogic Buffet" provides an opportunity for all people to experience Yoga - whether a complete beginner, an experienced practitioner, or somewhere in between. The Yoga Barn has something to offer for everyone!
Bend, Oregon
24 attraction reviews
“Amazing setting and yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Even if u are not a yogi it is worth a look. The space is absolutely incredible. We took 2 classes that were both great. The setting is beautiful, and the Kane that is on the property is yummy and pretty too....

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I came to Ubud purely to visit Yoga Barn on a recommendation from a friend and was not disappointed.

A wide range of classes - all of which I loved and a delcious cafe on site. The setting is perfect, the studio professional, the equipment clean and plentiful. I love that you give out bug spray for the sunset classes - very thoughtful :)

I am already planning my return hopefully for a longer stay next time!!

sydney
3 attraction reviews
“If only I'd had more time in Ubud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Yoga Barn was a wonderful find in Ubud. I was keen to try a Yoga school in Ubud during my 5 day stay. Being busy exploring Ubud and the surrounding areas with my family meant I only had time to attend one class - I wish I'd found it earlier so that I could have enjoyed more of the wonderful atmosphere of this yoga school. The schedule is varied but I was limited with time and was very lucky that the one class I got to was perfect for me. As an Iyengar student from Australia I was keen to find a yoga class which was active, sustaining and spiritual. My class was Anusara led by Emily who was not only beautiful in her aura and image but also very knowledgable in her "craft". It seemed to me like like this practise was a fusion of Iyengar, Vinyasa (with its flow) and Ashtanga with its strength and sustaining. The school has a beautiful setting, the yoga room upstairs is airy, ample in size and very atmospheric. The students seemed to be from all over the world which just added to the comaraderie of travellers seeking to experience yoga in another country. As yoga classes in Sydney average $20 I found the 90 minute class for $11-12 reasonable. The school offers showers/change rooms which had I known I would have come more prepared so that I could freshen up after a hot, active class. I'll know for next time !! Overall a wonderful experience. I wish we had more venues like this in Sydney

“Inspiring”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I took there a lesson of 1 (or 2?) hours. The power yoga was demanding but that's the way I like it. It was very spiritual, the view on green plantations great. You even hear the pound. The sound while your doing yoga was slow and pleasant. Definitly recommand this to every one, who wants to take some yoga in ubud and is searching of themselves.

Visited October 2012
nottingham
3 attraction reviews
“Not very welcoming”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My partner and I went to the Yoga Barn to gather information on the what was available for us. We were instantly judged and told what was best for us, ... I felt judged and felt un easy about joining in any of the classes.

Visited January 2013
CharleyYB, Partner at The Yoga Barn - Ubud, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi Saffron,

Charley here from The Yoga Barn ... we are so sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. Could you please do me a favor and email me independently as I would like to follow up on this. We are not perfect, but when an opportunity like this comes up we can use it as a means to be better. Again, so sorry for your experience ... are you still in Ubud? Namaste. (charley@theyogabarn.com)