We stayed initially for 4 nights in the Garden villa then returned for a further 4 nights and stayed in the River Residence with our daughter and partner.. We have travelled extensively throughout the world and this is undoubtedly the best hotel we have ever stayed in which is indeed a major achievement.
The use of the world "villas" in the title of the hotel maybe initially misleading, The Purist is a HOTEL with exquisite individually designed villas all to the highest possible standard. Each combines a strong Balinese design but contrasted with exceptionally modern design elements. You will have to thumb through the pictures to decide which villa you prefer. Having now stayed in two and viewed a number of the rest they all excite. Why would anyone want to go back to a hotel where all the rooms are broadly similar straight from the interior designer's drawing board?
The Purist's food also require special mention. It is possible to eat in your room (each villa has a dining table), eat on your deck or by your private pool. We only ate in the restaurant area once which was also excellent. The food is very carefully prepared and presented although given that you are in Ubud, the culinary centre of Bali, it is by no means the only choice.
Even with all the above it would not be our best hotel ever if it wasn't for the amazing staff. Balinese hotel staff are always well trained and very attentive but in the Purist without exception the staff are an amazing team who deliver great service without being over stuffy or intrusive.
What would we change? Well we would want it on wheels so that wherever we went next it was miraculously there..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE PURIST VILLAS AND SPA is a hip designer’s hideaway nestled in the green fertile hills of Ubud, Bali. It wants to be a meeting point for individuals, for those who need to unwind in an inspiring setting and being pampered with great massages and delicious food. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients, locally produced and in season, whether your meal is served in your villa or in the restaurant. In its rural and tropical setting you can fully appreciate the tranquil peacefulness the Balinese are famous for. The beautiful surrounding rice paddy fields make the short walk to the centre of Ubud a scenic walk. Being the cultural and spiritual heart of Bali, it is obvious why Ubud is a haven for writers and artists from around the world. The secluded Purist compound includes a spa building used for the specialist Ayurvedic massages as well as a yoga and meditation deck. We offer a variety of treatments, given by the best massage therapists, yoga and meditation teachers. The construction and design of The Purist reflects the ancient Balinese Hindu belief embracing the importance of balance, purity of spirit and harmony, as well as a deep respect for the natural environment. We use an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, authentic Indonesian artifacts, natural lava and lime stone and green river stones. With The Purist, Yvonne and Alberto succeeded in creating yet another home away from home, which has become their trademark signature. The Purist offers only seven private villas, making it the smallest boutique hotel in Bali. In this way, we can meet any of your personal and specific needs. The Purist: sophisticated hospitality stripped to the essence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali