We have just returned from an amazing 5 days at the Purist. We booked the garden residences with us in the Timor villa and our friends in the garden villa. We had three little kids between us with a 5 month old, 1 year old and 3 year old and it couldn't have been a better holiday. The staff were incredible with every request done in lightning speed and they went above and beyond our expectations. It was completely private and you really felt like the whole resort was your own and the staff seamed to appear out of no were when something was asked for.
The kids were treated like royalty and the 3 year old loved the huge koi around that she was allowed to feed. They bought us a high chair to our villa and were happy for us to keep it there for the whole 5 days which was great. The 1 and 3 year old had a great time in the huge stone bath and open bathroom. The only negative of travelling there with such small kids was the amount of steps and drop offs near ponds and gardens etc- it just meant we had to watch them a bit more than usual while they were out in the gardens. And the beautiful old floorboards in the Timor squeaked so loudly if we tried to tiptoe past sleeping children.
It was definitely a bit further out of town than we would have liked, I'm used to being able to walk out for a meal or visit a shop. Drivers were extremely easy to organise though which was great and it cost roughly $5 each way. They offer a complimentary shuttle but we only managed to use it once due to timing not being when we wanted to head out.
The food was INCREDIBLE! We were so excited for breakfast to arrive each day, it was an amazing selection and we all tried basically everything off the menu. Someone would quietly arrive about 15 minutes before the nominated time to set up the table on our deck restaurant style. They were more than happy to bring anything extra we asked for throughout breakfast aswell. We ate multiple lunches and dinners there aswell either setting up by our private pool, on our front deck, or by the main pool. Food had to be ordered in advance which was a but frustrating if the kids were hungry but we understood this was due to them cooking everything fresh.
Big thanks to Wayan one of the drivers we had on several occasions, he was an extremely friendly and knowledgable man and really made our stay extra special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE PURIST VILLAS AND SPA is a hip designer’s hideaway nestled in the green fertile hills of Ubud, Bali. It wants to be a meeting point for individuals, for those who need to unwind in an inspiring setting and being pampered with great massages and delicious food. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients, locally produced and in season, whether your meal is served in your villa or in the restaurant. In its rural and tropical setting you can fully appreciate the tranquil peacefulness the Balinese are famous for. The beautiful surrounding rice paddy fields make the short walk to the centre of Ubud a scenic walk. Being the cultural and spiritual heart of Bali, it is obvious why Ubud is a haven for writers and artists from around the world. The secluded Purist compound includes a spa building used for the specialist Ayurvedic massages as well as a yoga and meditation deck. We offer a variety of treatments, given by the best massage therapists, yoga and meditation teachers. The construction and design of The Purist reflects the ancient Balinese Hindu belief embracing the importance of balance, purity of spirit and harmony, as well as a deep respect for the natural environment. We use an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, authentic Indonesian artifacts, natural lava and lime stone and green river stones. With The Purist, Yvonne and Alberto succeeded in creating yet another home away from home, which has become their trademark signature. The Purist offers only seven private villas, making it the smallest boutique hotel in Bali. In this way, we can meet any of your personal and specific needs. The Purist: sophisticated hospitality stripped to the essence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali