A excellently ran, small, friendly, asthetically pleasing resort. Nothing was too much trouble for everyone we encountered on our week long stay here. The staff were courteous without being overbaring. They got it absolutely spot on in every regard. I would not hesitate to recommend The Purist to any of our friends. In fact friends have already asked, what was it like as they wanted to stay here. My advice would be to see for yourself. It is probably one of the best stays we have had in Bali, if not Asia, after living here 13 years.
We stayed in the Bamboo villa, again, asthetically pleasing and docorated in a minimal Asian Contemporary style. It had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.
The whole place has an unnerving attention to detail and that goes for all the staff as well, who were just simply brilliant in every regard.
I can understand when previous reviewers have stated that by reviewing The Purist it no longer becomes a 'hidden gem', but I can't let such service and place go without a big, big thank you...
Matt & Naomi
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas Hotel
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE PURIST VILLAS AND SPA is a hip designer’s hideaway nestled in the green fertile hills of Ubud, Bali. It wants to be a meeting point for individuals, for those who need to unwind in an inspiring setting and being pampered with great massages and delicious food. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients, locally produced and in season, whether your meal is served in your villa or in the restaurant. In its rural and tropical setting you can fully appreciate the tranquil peacefulness the Balinese are famous for. The beautiful surrounding rice paddy fields make the short walk to the centre of Ubud a scenic walk. Being the cultural and spiritual heart of Bali, it is obvious why Ubud is a haven for writers and artists from around the world. The secluded Purist compound includes a spa building used for the specialist Ayurvedic massages as well as a yoga and meditation deck. We offer a variety of treatments, given by the best massage therapists, yoga and meditation teachers. The construction and design of The Purist reflects the ancient Balinese Hindu belief embracing the importance of balance, purity of spirit and harmony, as well as a deep respect for the natural environment. We use an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, authentic Indonesian artifacts, natural lava and lime stone and green river stones. With The Purist, Yvonne and Alberto succeeded in creating yet another home away from home, which has become their trademark signature. The Purist offers only seven private villas, making it the smallest boutique hotel in Bali. In this way, we can meet any of your personal and specific needs. The Purist: sophisticated hospitality stripped to the essence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.