“Luxury in simplicity” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Purist Villas and Spa

You added The Purist Villas and Spa to your Saves list
The Purist Villas and Spa
4.5 of 5 Spa   |   Jalan Tirta Tawar | Banjar Kutuh Kaja, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 30%
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Ubud
London, United Kingdom
“Luxury in simplicity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed 4 nights a the Purist in Ubud and it was a wonderful experience. We stayed in the Hill Villa which is amazing, in a complete balinese style. We had a nice private pool were you can swim bit (even if the main pool is better to crawl!!).

The main reception is a charming main room outdoor (a bit like in the movie eat, pray, love with Julia Robert) were you can read books, use the computer, have an afternoon tea or dinner.

The food is simply delicious, the staff can't be nicer, the location is perfect because not one the crowed center of Ubud but next to the rice paddies.

Perfect stay in couple or in family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Service staff are super accommodating and thoughtful from the day we checked in till we left the place. We were there for two days. Earlier we had booked the river villa but upon hearing that we were there for honeymoon, they upgraded us to garden villa!

On the first evening, we were given a free ride to town where we had dinner at bebek bengil (dirty duck); before that the villa staff even offered to make a reservation for us at bebek bengil. Tip: u can ask for a free ride from bebek bengil back to the villa.

On the 2nd day, we engaged the villa driver wayang who drove us to mount kintamani. He speaks good english and is very humble, sharing everything under the sun about the balinese culture. Best part was when he heard that we wanted to try the babi guling, he bought it from his village to our villa for us to try! We were super touched!

Lastly, on our final day of checking out, the hotel presented us with a small gift (handcrafted wooden bangles in weaved box). We also did a one hr massage and the therapist was very good with her strong even massage strokes.

All in all, it has been a very heartwarming experience with purist villa, a true reflection of the ubud's kind spirit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I must say it's the best hotel-experience I've ever had. Spending 3 days here and I'm particularly impressed by the outstanding service here, and I know I have to register on tripadvisor and share my experience to you even my English is poor. That's what I can only do for all the staff in The Purist. Thanks to all of them!

They have a butler system, what's make you feel just like home. They are sooooo friendly and enthusiastically, all your requests will be taken seriously, and more than your expects.

On the way to hotel, the nice drvier (sorry I can't remember his name..) helped me take away a package of Soto Ayam, (There's a Local Price and Visitor Price here, and not all the natives can speek English). Wheng we arrived at Purist, the butler poured the soup in a bowl and spicy in two saucer, ※Served in a Great Tempetature!!!※

That evening a pretty lady at the front desk gave me a overall introduction of Ubud, and because of her professional suggestion, we had a great trip next day. Our guide Wayang is a nice person, and very sonsy, zeallous and funny. The trip with him is full of surprising, and he's also very knowlegeabal. After a forgetable day of planting rice, visiting Temples ,Volcano, Lakes and Coffee Plantation(has Lingsang here!),he took us to a very small but delicous warung near his home, they cooked in a very native and idiomatic way. And we also ate Bakso\Pisang Goreng and Gado-gado, all taste good!
Mr.Wayang can offer a sunrise trip of volcano and he knows well Bali, if you need a guide, trust me he's the best!!

Every evening I fall asleep with the nice chirping of insects, which is waving, zigzag and faint, much more beautiful than melody. Every morning I was waken up by birds' tweet and vally sunshine, took a shower outside and heve breakfast at balcony which confront of the hill. Breakfast is buffet and served from 7 to 11. They are very punctual, exaclly on the minute you've reserved.

Butler service is 24hs, what surprised me most is one day I asked for a sewing kit, they went outside bought it for me!!! And the other day my ancles were bleeding, so I called for some iodine, after then, all the staff inquired after about my ancles when they saw me,

Decoration here are given a lot of care, I love all of them!!! I'll uploading some pictures later.

Location is great too, 20-30 min walk to Ubud main street.

Strongly recommended The Purist Villa & Spa , you won't be disappointing. And it is the paradise where you looking for, trust me.

And wish go back to Purist next year!!! Can't Wait!!!

Room Tip: The Hill Villa has a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

After spending 3 days in Seminyak over New Years, I travelled with my 2 girlfriends to Ubud and stayed in Purist Bamboo Villa for 3 days. This was the most relaxing experience we had so far. Wonderful spa treatments (try Deep Tissue massage), swimming in the jungle surrounding and truly the best service we had in Bali. The food was simply delicious and I have to say that both staff and the chef delivered the European standards that we have longed for after having tried all the horribly touristic places in Seminyak. The nice staff organized a one day tour of the nearby temples and rice fields. The next day we had an elefant safari and visit to the monkey forrest. But honestly, we could't wait to come back to the villa and just chill by our pool ordering wine and delicious food :) do try Nasi Goreng and mini Samozas (even though it's really hard to choose which dish was the best). Finally, I have to say that a stay in Purist Villas is a MUST!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to the Purist for our honeymoon in May and it was the holiday of our dreams. The rooms were beautifully designed and luxurious and the staff were beyond helpful and would go out of their way to make sure you had the best time. The breakfast was sublime. Prepare to put on some pounds, but it is really worth it! The banana pancakes were delicious!

Although more expensive than other massage places the treatments are really worth it - would highly recommend the hot stone massage.

Would definitely stay again. Thank you so much to all the staff for giving us the best holiday ever.

p.s. for things to do, would recommend the cooking lesson (which they can give you details for) and the climb up Mount Bator for sunrise.

Room Tip: We were lucky to stay in 3 of the rooms (Timor, Hill and Garden) as we were upgraded for our honeymo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a week staying at the Purist. All I can say is 'wow'! It is a truly wonderful piece of paradise. Yes it's slightly out of the centre of the action, but that makes it peaceful. It is no problem to get the driver into ubud or get collected. The villas are stunning, all of them. We stayed in the Timor villa (no pool) but had a look around almost all of the other villas. We didn't feel like we missed out on much not having a private pool as we swam in the beautiful main pool everyday and never saw anyone else. The service is excellent, they go out of their way to help you with anything you need but keep out of your way so privacy is maintained. The food served at the purist is fantastic, we had breakfast there everyday and dinner there a couple of nights. The quality and presentation was superb. Yes there are building works going on next door, they are building 7 more villas to add to the purist. We didn't find the noise to be a problem but they are happy to stop the construction if you ask them to.
If you want a romantic escape in beautiful Ibud this is the place to go! Thanks for a wonderful week.

• Stayed December 2012
Santa Barnara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to Ubud by myself to restore, rejuvenate and experience the Balinese culture. I stayed in the jungle room and I felt completely relaxed and pampered throughout my stay. The fresh juice and meals are heathy and delicious. The staff was wonderful!!! I became very attached to the sweet Baby Koi fish that resided in my bathroom. The butlers where great, I'm not used to being waited on hand and foot. I found the surroundings bueatiful, peaceful and magical. They provide the guests with bycycles and I rode the the rice terraces , and I also walked into town. The Purist is a great location and place of peace and serenity. I want to mention my driver Wyman who was wonderful and taught me how to speak a little Balinese. I wish more Americans would take the time to speak a couple of words in a different language when they travel. Good morning and thank you can really make a difference in interacting with different cultures. My most memorable experience was learning about Bali and making friends with the bueatiful people. Thank you Purist and Wyman, I will be back!! Sukes somo!

Room Tip: The jungle room was great..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Purist Villas and Spa? Share your experiences!