We got in after a 2 hour taxi drive from Jimbaran, where we stayed for one night after a late arrival in Denpasar. After having been in Jakarta for a 3-day business trip, the serenity of The Purist was great.
We weren't allowed to carry one of our own bags because and I quote: "It's your holiday sir". Service like this continued throughout our stay. Always with a smile, the butlers catered to our every need and were very friendly.
The villa was great. There's we were staying in the Jungle Villa which has lots of privacy, a great bathroom with stone bath, open shower and little fish in a pond (yes... in the bathroom). Also there's a spacious private deck with lounge bed and a stone-with-wood dining table. The villa's doors lead to the excellent shared pool (infinity style) and both the pool and the villa look out over the jungle. After a refreshing shower, we had lunch on the private deck.
It was my girlfriend's birthday (which the staff had figured out by themselves, without my letting them know) that day, so we decided to stay in for the night and have a romantic dinner. This is a special of the resort, $100-125 per couple. We came back from Ubud and were welcomed in the greatest of all surprises: flowers on the deck, followed by flower on the bed, followed by (open up the bathroom door) a flower bath. Incense in the rooms and on the deck. Just WONDERFUL! We first had a bath, after which our dinner was setup.
The dinner was amazing as well. A 4-course with choices between a European-style menu and a traditional Balinese menu. We opted for the latter and that was great!
During the night I got sick. According to my (medically skilled) girlfriend, it was a food infection, cause by something I ate a few days ago. I was in bed all day next day and the staff took care of me with special herbal tea and other niceties. All-in-all not a bed place to catch a little sickness in.
A few minor things that could be improved (not that it really bothered during this otherwise GREAT never to forget experience)
- the bed pillow are a bit on the hard side for our taste (note that we didn't bother to ask for softer ones, maybe they're around)
- all the toiletries are great, natural ingredients. The conditioner however can best be avoided if you have curly hair because it gets tangled
- the taxi drop to the airport is a bit pricey. We took a normal taxi from Jimbaran (further than the airport) which was about half the price
Don't let these minor things put you off by the way. In total, it's a great place!! We'd love to be back some day.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas Hotel
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE PURIST VILLAS AND SPA is a hip designer’s hideaway nestled in the green fertile hills of Ubud, Bali. It wants to be a meeting point for individuals, for those who need to unwind in an inspiring setting and being pampered with great massages and delicious food. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients, locally produced and in season, whether your meal is served in your villa or in the restaurant. In its rural and tropical setting you can fully appreciate the tranquil peacefulness the Balinese are famous for. The beautiful surrounding rice paddy fields make the short walk to the centre of Ubud a scenic walk. Being the cultural and spiritual heart of Bali, it is obvious why Ubud is a haven for writers and artists from around the world. The secluded Purist compound includes a spa building used for the specialist Ayurvedic massages as well as a yoga and meditation deck. We offer a variety of treatments, given by the best massage therapists, yoga and meditation teachers. The construction and design of The Purist reflects the ancient Balinese Hindu belief embracing the importance of balance, purity of spirit and harmony, as well as a deep respect for the natural environment. We use an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, authentic Indonesian artifacts, natural lava and lime stone and green river stones. With The Purist, Yvonne and Alberto succeeded in creating yet another home away from home, which has become their trademark signature. The Purist offers only seven private villas, making it the smallest boutique hotel in Bali. In this way, we can meet any of your personal and specific needs. The Purist: sophisticated hospitality stripped to the essence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.