“Can't wait to go back and see our new friends at this great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of d'Omah Hotel Bali

You added d'Omah Hotel Bali to your Saves list
d'Omah Hotel Bali
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jalan Penestanan | Panestanan Klod, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Free Neck Massage
Ranked #91 of 315 Ubud B&B and Inns
“Can't wait to go back and see our new friends at this great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here and had a truely wonderful time . The staff and manager do everything they can to make u feel comfortable and attend to all of our needs and requests. Thanks so much we have left with not only great memories but new friends!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

A good Balinese friend recommended d’Omah for a one night retreat in Ubud at the end of our holiday. Not only was the rate more than reasonable the villa we enjoyed was wonderful. The service was second to none and the friendliness of all the staff cannot be overstated.

If you can, try and have a night or a few nights in the Jasmine Villa, although I’m sure the rest of the property is just as wonderful.

Room Tip: Jasmine Suite is wonderful
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed for 6 days and it was great. Quiet and away from the busy centre of Ubud. It was a 10 minute walk to the palace and you did have to negotiate a very steep,narrow road with no footpath and not much room, but the hotel run a shuttle service which was very handy. The grounds were lovely and shady. We first stayed in a Garden suite it was fine but it didn't have a fridge and when asked about moving to a Verandah suite we were kindly given a free upgrade. Verandah suite was very spacious with a lovely big day bed on the verandah & a bar fridge and the biggest bath I have ever seen and we were right beside 1 of the 2 pools. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was included and it was substantial with a good range to choose from. The manager Rodney is aussie and a wealth of information about where to eat and what to do,he was just lovely. There are some very nice cafes and warungs near by and the young artists community is a short walk. Would definitely stay again when next in Ubud

Room Tip: Book a Verandah suite they are very large with a fridge and are beside the elephant pool, the upstai...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My sister chose this hotel for her bucket-list trip to Bali and I was blessed to accompany her. We had an unforgettable five might stay at d'Omah Bali Hotel and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

From the healthy tamarind welcome drink to the free minimassage to the delicious and attractively wrapped butter cookies we were given upon check-out, there was no doubt at all that the staff at d'Omah were sincerely committed to nurturing us while we were their guests and planning to go beyond our expectations in making us feel warmly welcomed and valued.

The physical setting of this retreat is rather a hidden gem, as the "street appeal" of the approach to d'Omah is limited, it must be said. But once inside the complex - wow - the design and atmosphere will take your breath away. As you approach from Denpasar or Ubud, there is a sign to the hotel and the Roundhouse Bar and Cafe is a clear landmark.

But finding. D'Omah was not an issue for us, as Manager Rodney Harris had kindly arranged our transport all the way from Denpasar/Sanur. He also organized a car to get us to our next location and was such a supportive and prompt communicator that I felt he understood why we were there and saw things from our perspective well before our arrival. If I had any worries before our stay, they were certainly washed away with Rodney's reassuring words.

Rodney's company, advice and kindness were a huge part of the positive experience we had at d'Omah. Unlike many hotels in tourist hotspots I have visited, the d'Omah provided a very personal welcome, recognizing the needs of western visitors but establishing a gentle, authentic Balinese cultural base.

This cultural experience was expressed in the architecture of the buildings, the lush tropical gardens, the daily offerings to the Hindu gods, the Indonesian foods on offer in the restaurant and the quiet, friendly, smiling staff, who all seemed so happy every day. In addition, the paintings, sculptures and furnishings throughout the hotel connected guests to the island and in particular the village of Ubud.

There is much more that I could write but I am only using my phone so I will stop now and save the rest of my impressions for my next visit, which I am already dreaming about.

Our first visit to Bali was wonderful but of the three places we stayed this hotel was the highlight. I loved every hour of every day here and I want to come back - soon!

• Stayed February 2013
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We came to d'Omah Hotel through a recommendation from friends who live in the Ubud area - let me say that these friends have ratcheted up a couple notches in our estimation due to this tip.

Near enough to the shopping, restaurant, and monkey business of Ubud to be in the thick of things with a 15 minute stroll - but secluded away as well, so that once behind the gates of the resort you can simply relax and forget the rest of the world.

The manager Rodney couldn't have been more accommodating - he's knowledgeable, has a quick wit, and is sincerely friendly without any of that cloying obsequiousness that one sometimes finds in the places where the managers have to try extra hard to sell their lodgings. Rodney knows his smiling staff, spacious rooms, yummy restaurant, and scattered pools and tropical hang out niches will do the job just fine.

We stayed for a week in February 2013 and booked a second stay after two days in the resort. I had a massage and my wife a mani-pedi both of which were quite nice. Of course you can find both a little more frugally out and about in town - but then you must also weigh the convenience of the on site services and the exchange rate. Is it worth a couple US dollars to simply walk a few steps from ones semi private pool to a massage table and then grab a fresh juice on the way back to relaxing with a book under the ceiling fan of your rooms patio? Do the math.

d'Omah Hotel adds up to a good a choice when you are in the Ubud area. Away from the noise and buses of town center, tucked in napping atop the hill above the Blanco Museum. If you decide to eat off site there are plenty of tasty inexpensive alternatives within a five minutes walk of the d"Omah Hotel ranging from Japanese, Balinese, organic salad bars, and even burgers and fries.

Add in the available airport service and the included scrumptious breakfast - you won't go wrong picking d'Omah Hotel. - Tell Rodney a couple poets sent ya.

Room Tip: You may want to ask about the strength of wifi in the room you are selecting if this is a concern fo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Griffith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family have just spent a wonderful week at the d'Omah and we must say that this was one of our highlights of our trip, thanks to the Manager, Rodney who looked after us so well. Our accommodation (Verandah Suite) was authentic, well located, roomy and clean. Our stay was tranquil and relaxing and the pools were a joy to swim in. The food both asian and western, was delicious and reasonably priced. The hotel is located 5 -10 minute walk to the town centre and there is plenty to see along the way e.g. art centres. If you are visiting Ubud we highly recommend the d'Omah as your choice of stay.

Room Tip: Go for the Jasmine Suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a truly lovely experience at this hotel. I was looking to chill out a little but also see a little of Ubud and it's surrounding area. I achieved both these things and this was aided with the help of the staff at the hotel. They were very friendly and knowledgeable on the area and suggested trips and activities as well as making the necessary reservations, helping the companies tailor each activity to what I was looking for.

The bungalows were very clean, well air conditioned, nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. There were also plenty bottles of water provided which was excellent.

The spa was very relaxing, once again the staff were friendly and the prices were very good. I visited the spa every day of my trip.

The grounds are lush green and well maintained.

The breakfast was lovely and often filled me enough to only require dinner in the evening.

Bali is not renowned for it's local wine, however, the red wine served by the glass was very palatable.

All in, this was a relaxing haven nicely situated a small distance from Ubud centre. The hotel provides a shuttle service regularly through the day but you can walk without much effort.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to d'Omah Hotel Bali? Share your experiences!