“Mmmm.... Satay....” 4 of 5 stars

0361-973472
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 437 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Our menu is specially selected for nutrition and natural flavors using the best and the freshest ingredients. We hope our pleasing presentation and friendly service will add enjoyment to your meal.
Brisbane, Australia
“Mmmm.... Satay....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I wandered into the Ibu Rai Restaurant for lunch as it looked nice from the street. The staff were friendly and professional. I had a seat near the front entrance - was quite noisy from the Monkey Forest Road traffic. Balianese music was playing in the background.

I had the Vietnamese Spring rolls for entree and Chicken Satay for my mains - both were delicious, well presented and freshly cooked. My bill was just over 100,000, so while not being the cheapest, I felt I got a good quality meal.

If I were going to go here again, I would try to get a table further back from the road to be able to enjoy the atmosphere more. The street noise could potentially make it a little hard for conversation.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“One of my favourites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants ever. One of the things I look forward to most when I visit Ubud is to visit this restaurant.
They make the best nasi goreng I've ever had and I can't help but to keep going back. Both Indonesian and international cuisine.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good meal - Dinner, drink and dessert for £10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Very good meal in a lovely atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and the service was so quick. There was a high attention to detail on the meals. With good food and drink all in for £10, you can't go wrong.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Brilliant food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place on our honeymoon. When we arrived we were told there were only spaces left in the garden area. We got the impression that this was not a desireable area to sit in. However when seated we were so glad that we arrived on speck. The garden areas were gorgeous and authentic looking bali style. Whilst the front area was buzzing with tourists this was more relaxed and beautiful. We were not disappointed by the food. It was one of the few places we had a 3 course meal in. Definitely try the Vietnamese rolls they're delicious and refreshing. I had the chilli king prawns & my wife a vegetarian dish which were both fantastic. Some of the best food we had on holiday in bali. Warm Apple pie set it off along with the Cosmos which were cracking too. If you go to ubud definitely try here. May be advisable to book in advance. Like the other reviews it is a little pricey but on par with places like bumbu bali with better food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful garden serving great fusion cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The Ibu Rai has a nice garden at the back where you can enjoy some quietness from busy Monkeyforest Street. The food is excellent, the prices ok. Our service was quick, attentive and friendly, despite the many tables. Westerners only, still highly recommended.