“I could eat here every day” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #149 of 426 Restaurants in Ubud
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Healthy, Indonesian, Vegan
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Los Angeles
“I could eat here every day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Excellent, wide selection. The vegetarian nasi campur is to die for. I went "late" at night (around 9:45), and the service was speedy and with a smile. Great find.

Visited December 2013
Dear kmh200886,

Thank you for the great review. There have actually been offers to make a Bali Buda in LA, so maybe you will be able to eat at Bali Buda everyday....someday!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Tasty and healthy food - a welcome break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent menu with all sorts of healthy delicious food. The pizzas and smoothies were superb. Highly recommend stopping off at this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear rschnurb,

Thank you for the excellent review, it means a lot coming from a Senior Reviewer.
We hope to see you again!

Management
“Great Restaurant & Some Things to Consider when writing a review!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

After reading the email from the person who wrote about being disappointed that I have to say something! I live here in Ubud I eat at Bali Buddha every day! Much of what this person has said is applicable to every restaurant at a different time and day! Menus are rarely changed and when Bali Budha tried to change it people have complained however this year they've added many new dishes including wraps and drinks and main courses! I have always found the staff to be good and as far as the kitchen is concerned virtually every restaurant in Ubud at some point or another food doesn't come out at the same time! Don't know the person who wrote the little bit disappointed review but I have to say that I don't think they live here. I often find people who visit Bali from time to time a very critical of things but they don't live here they don't have staff that works for them and don't know how things really work!
It might be interesting to know that many of the restaurants here have copied the recipes from Bali Budha as well Recently they have put lot of money into the restaurant lately completely redoing their store and also they are the only Health Food store and Cafe that we have here in Bali! Bali Budha is the first and currently only health food store that we have up here.
And not only for this site of people like traveling should remember that you complain you should find something really really really bad! Most of these businesses and businesses of the nature like this in foreign countries that are partially owned by western people employ many many local people!! T his particular restaurant employs an enormous number of people paying them a really great salary with great benefits that they can't get in other places.
If you live in a foreign country own a business and are employing a lot of people and have a criticism I'm sure the manager would like to hear from you especially directly but to put it in a public forum where you might dissuade people from going for a reason that was yours that day. I find it interesting that people forget that they are 50% of an equation.
Anyway I felt I had to say something this not only goes for this restaurant but also for other small businesses that are working hard in this economy everywhere in the world to Connie keep it together and help the people around them!!
Merry Christmas peace on earth and love to all of us let's work together! You have a valid criticism make sure that the staff knows that you would like to have contact with the local management or put it in writing and asking to be given to the owner!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Bobbi A,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review and patronage over the years.
It truly makes all of our effort worthwhile to hear from a happy customer!
We will continue to try our best and to continuously improve.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Poor service Good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have been eating at Bali Buddha for years (maybe more than 10)
About two nights ago I ordered some burrito thingy and noticed people that had come in 30 mins after me were getting their food... No problems, happens everywhere. The waiter appoligised and said it would come soon. I take it they forgot to put the order in. It happens.
To show I had no hard feelings, today I went back for breakfast. There were only two people in the place. He asked me straight away if I was ready to order to which I said that I need a minute. He never came back for 30 minutes and was to interested in laughing with the customer downstairs. So I left never to return. Which is sad because I like the food. Actually maybe I will return next time as I am sure the wait staff will be different.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
H0nest69, Owner at Bali Buda, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Ozstay,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you like our food.
We apologize for the lack in service and please know we are doing our best to improve it. The staff might not change but we are definitely training them with hopes they can grow to be great employees! If you come back and feel like complaining again please direct them to the management in charge or to info@balibuda.com
We always respond quickly and will try to make you happy!

Melbourne, Australia
“Open early for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Bali Buda is one of the few restaurants open early in the morning (7am). They have nice breakfasts and juice drinks. The food is very good, especially if you have allergies (the menu is labelled well). It is vegetarian. And I would recommend the lentil stew for lunch or dinner. The prices are reasonable (not as cheap as Dayu's Warung but not as spendy as Alchemy). There is a little play area for kids.

There is a little grocery store associated with the cafe around the corner. You can stock up on organic essentials. I would highly recommend the kombucha sold at the store. Very good!

Please note Bali Buda does not have wifi in the restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere