This was one of the best things on our two week trip to Indonesia. We only stayed one night due to the price but it was worth every cent. We arrived a little before check in and after we had our welcome drink they gave us an itinerary and we were allowed to go check out the park until we could check into our room. The grounds are beautiful, if you love flowers and plants you will be very happy. We took tons of pictures of orchids. Once you get over the beautiful flowers you see that elephants are everywhere! it is really nice because you can pretty much see everything the elephants do. The are not many behind the scenes areas that you do not have access to. This is really nice if you are at all concerned about the animals, you can see that they are well cared for. You can watch them swim and eat and do everything. All throughout the day they caretakers walk them around to let people pet and feed them and take pictures with them. You also see plenty of people taking the day safari rides. The elephant show takes place a few times a day and it is really cute. One of the best things about of visit is that they have a 6 month old baby with is the most adorable thing ever. I spent so much time sitting and watching the baby and mother and spent plenty of time feeding and petting them too. After we were able to check in we went to our room and it was awesome. The room has a lodge safari feel to it and the decorations are all elephant. The room was large, clean and comfortable. One of the TV channels plays the documentary/movie about the owner of the park and how the elephants came to be there. It is very interesting, you should check it out. Another channel talks about the elephants and the park, it is also interesting. We checked out the bar and had some good drinks and had a nice chat with the friendly bartender. We were able to take our drinks into the park so we spent some more time watching the elephants. There is also a pool next to the bar but we did not use it. For dinner we were picked up by an elephant from our room, which was a lot of fun. The dinner was set up in the park, nice tables set up outside where you could watch the elephants. The food was good but not amazing. In the morning we had the free breakfast and it was very good, many choices and plenty to eat. We then got to bathe the elephants which was great fun. After the bath we were able to ride the elephants into the water which was one of the best things I have ever done! After taking a shower we were picked up from our room again for a safari which was also fun. I will never forget this experience, it was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for animal lovers and nature lovers, guests staying at the Elephant Safari Park Lodge get to wake up to the sights and sounds of elephants. When you wake up, head to the Mammoths Head Bar terrace and enjoy your breakfast as you overlook the surrounding lush forest. Have your private elephant chauffeur pick you up from your room and take you on an elephant trek through Taro forest. Have fun bathing, feeding and petting the elephants before you enjoy an evening stroll around the botanical gardens. The Elephant Safari Park Lodge is located just 20 minutes north from the islands cultural and artistic centre of Ubud and 75 minutes north of Ngurah Rai Airport in the historic village of Taro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Elephant Safari Park & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Safari Park Hotel Ubud
- Elephant Safari Park And Lodge
- Elephant Safari Park & Lodge Ubud, Bali