We did a day trip to the park and had the BEST time there. During the course of the day, I fell in love with these beautiful, gentle creatures. The park is clean and the elephants look very well kept. We arrived just before the crowd (our package included return transfer) and there was barely a queue to go on the elephant ride. Nicky, our gorgeous elephant, was absolutely charming. Her trainer was also friendly and seemed to genuinely love his job.
The best part was spending time with the appropriately-named Ganteng ('handsome' in Indonesian), a cheeky 3 year old boy. I wished he fit in my pocket so I could bring him home! Ganteng's trainer is knowledgeable and lovely. To me, they looked like a pair of mates! I hope to be able to return one day to see how Ganteng is faring. I was told that he will be starting to do the shows from January 2013.
The show was also a lot of fun. We had the mother elephants entertaining us. They're really clever and have fantastic personalities! We were front row and walked away half drenched as the cheeky things sprayed us at the end of the show.
The buffet lunch was tasty, clean and fast. It was included in our package, but you have to pay separately for your drinks. The shop is vast and stock interesting goods. I do wish they had merchandise for younger kids. I wish I could've bought my little niece (just over 1 year old) a t-shirt. The transport (although our driver was freelanced so we didn't get one of their BAT-owned vans) was safe, clean and on time.
I had a high expectation and it was most definitely exceeded. I couldn't believe how close we got to the elephants! So pleased to see the great conservation work and the elephants seemed to be happy and healthy. A definite must do in Bali!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for animal lovers and nature lovers, guests staying at the Elephant Safari Park Lodge get to wake up to the sights and sounds of elephants. When you wake up, head to the Mammoths Head Bar terrace and enjoy your breakfast as you overlook the surrounding lush forest. Have your private elephant chauffeur pick you up from your room and take you on an elephant trek through Taro forest. Have fun bathing, feeding and petting the elephants before you enjoy an evening stroll around the botanical gardens. The Elephant Safari Park Lodge is located just 20 minutes north from the islands cultural and artistic centre of Ubud and 75 minutes north of Ngurah Rai Airport in the historic village of Taro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Elephant Safari Park & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Safari Park Hotel Ubud
- Elephant Safari Park And Lodge
- Elephant Safari Park & Lodge Ubud, Bali