“Welcome home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 120 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Welcome home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

'Welcome home' is how staff greet you when you return to the resort after a day out, and this is truly how you feel. This is my second visit, but this time with my young adult daughters. They too were blown away by the location, the spacious room with enormous balcony, the divine infinity pool, the art works and the serenity. If it's at all possible, I was even more impressed with the genuine, caring and warm service of all the staff this second time. They knew I was a return visitor and really made us feel special. I'm not a usual reviewer, but this is really a special place with special people. I will be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on reception level have the best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed there with a friends for less than a week. The pool was just Wow, the staff just all of them were greatly friendly and helpful, the room was always clean and the house keeping really did a good job, the cleaned the room so fast. The breakfast totally delicious, the afternoon tea so tasty to be enjoy beside the pool with some cakes. The location is perfect for relax with an amazing view. Wow

Stayed May 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Everything is just perfect at Komaneka: the attention, the premises, the views, the calm, the flood! We ve had the most relaxing stay here for our honeymoon. It has a stunning spa and complimentary yoga classes that are really really great. We loved all about it and would definitely come back one day!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very nice hotel. The lobby is beautiful, great design. The staff is extremely friendly and helpfull ( eg when you are enjoying some rest at the pool, they offer you free water to drink,when you are having a meal and you have your bag with you, they put it on an extra little table, so your bag should not lay on the ground, they really think of everything) The afternoon tea is included and is excellent. The prices for food are not overpriced like in some other 5 star hotels. We were on honneymoon. They put flowers in our bath, they had a cake in the room and we even got a nice present when we left. We did a great bicycle tour. The suite room is wonderful, the design, the comfort, ...
You can take the breakfast in your room, since we had a very nice balcony with a great view, this was a wonderfull service.

• Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

we had originally booked into the Komaneka at Monkey Forest, where the staff were delightful. After an hour we were asked if we would like to move to the Komaneka at Bisma as they were concerned that we might be disturbed by some construction work on the site. We were sad to leave - even after just a few hours.
The Bisma property has an unpromising approach (down a fairly narrow road) - but is an oasis of peace when you get there. Again the staff were amazing, really making you feel as if you were part of their (hotel) family. The rooms were more than just large, spotless and airy, they were beautifully furnished and relaxing spaces.
Needless to say food, service was excellent, Views from the restaurant and balconies were amazing .
The Komaneka hotels run a great shuttle service between their four hotels in Ubud - easy to use and convenient. We will certainly return here if we are within a 1,000 miles of Bali

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were moved here from Komaneka Monkey Forest because there was to be a noisy music festival in the town and we prefer quiet. I did not think this hotel could be equalled but Komaneka at Bisma was superb. The staff were friendly and helpful, the views spectacular, the food excellent - the cook wrote out his recipe for 2 of his dishes for us. Attention to every detail was the watchword. We had our own very private pool. I would be torn between Monkey Forest and Bisma if we return to Ubud.

Room Tip: A room with with your own pool is a wonderful luxury
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My name is Zachary and I am 7. I was 3 years old when I first stayed at Komaneka. I have now stayed at Komaneka 8 times. I love Komaneka because everyone there is very friendly and nice to me. Daddy says they are like family. They have the yummiest cookies I have ever had in our room. I love to go swimming in the swimming pool. The pool is big with green tiles and is by a rice field and there is also a playground which has a babies swimming pool where I go to play with my balloon powered boat. I like to go to the gym and go on the running machiney thing. My mummy and daddy like to go the spa which they say is the best in Ubud. I have a bubble bath with them afterwards and a fruit stick with pineapple, papaya melon and watermelon but I give the pineapple part to mummy. I love the breakfasts because I can choose lots of things and the banana pancakes are the best. It was my 7th birthday last time we stayed there and they made me a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to me and also wrote happy birthday Zachary in rose petals on my bed and made me a special hat made out of flax. I wish I could live there all the time but I would miss my dog too much, that's all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Komaneka at Bisma? Share your experiences!