“Simply put, the BEST hotel in the world” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT US$330NET
Ranked #6 of 119 hotels in Ubud
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Simply put, the BEST hotel in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my second stay at the Komaneka Bisma. The first was on vacation with my son just over a year ago. Our first stay made such a positive impression (and I have traveled most of the world) that I went out of my way just to stay again for one night before traveling to Singapore for an important business venture in Singapore. After 36 hours of flight from the United States, nothing could be more relaxing than coming back to my now 'second home' on Bali. Every aspect of the resort is impeccable. It all starts with the staff who genuinely treat you as part of their family. You will get a smile from every person on the resort with a friendly hello followed by your name. And it is not an act, they truly care about you. For instance, when I arrived with little advance notice, Wis was there to greet me as I was exiting the car with a huge smile and asking, "Where is Taylor (my son)?" This after a year! I truly knew I was 'home' and all the tensions of the trip overseas immediately vanished upon check in. Wis and the staff even notified me that they had saved the exact Pool Villa where we stayed on our first visit. It's these small things that make such a difference. As I was sitting in the beautiful lobby that evening, the Resort general manager Surya came up and introduced himself and welcomed me back. We had a long discussion in which he asked all about myself and I did the same. I run a business of my own that demands hands on customer service and to Surya that I have modeled my approach in training to hopefully accomplish from my team to what I experience while staying at the Bisma. Now to the Resort itself. It lies on the most beautiful piece of land in Ubud (maybe all of Bali) overlooking the forest and river behind the resort with total seclusion. You cannot get this at any other resort including the other Komaneka sites. If you are going to stay at a Komeneka site, stay at the Bisma as you really do get the most beautiful experience without being any further from all the Ubud sites. The rooms are impeccably kept and clean. My bathtub was filled with flower pedals upon arrival as well as the bed. Also, if you're making the effort to come here, spend the little extra and stay in one of the pool villas. Words cannot explain how amazing these rooms are, each with a 10m or approximately 30 ft. plunge pool overlooking the edge of the forest. A refreshing way to relax after a day of exploring. The rooms have huge outdoor patios along the pools with very spacious interiors, indoor and outdoor showers, all the entertainment and technology you need, and tremendous food to go along. If you have special requests, the staff will tend to your every need. I was able to get early check in and a later check out due to a later flight to Singapore and was done in a snap. After just 28 hours at the Bisma, I was ready for my presentations the following day- thank you all at the Komaneka. We will be coming back again in August for an extended stay as my family was jealous I was there for just one day without them. Wis even had a special gift to bring home for my son upon departure! I can guarantee after you check in and are at the resort, you will find it hard to leave. Every place I stay while on travels tends to disappoint after staying at the Bisma as they have set a bar so high that it is impossible to match. Do yourself a favor and don't even think about staying at another resort if staying in Ubud! It is also great for families, couples, you name it- something for all.

Room Tip: Go for one of the pool villas, they are worth it!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

963 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, it has such a lovely feel about it and each day that we returned the staff would greet us with "Welcome Home". Wish it was my home. The rooms are huge, the bathroom massive and I loved the little massage oils and bath salts, and of course, the cookies in the room.The kids enjoyed having Apple TV in the room. Overall a relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We initially booked a pool villa at komaneka at tanggayuda, we arrived & our villa was truly beautiful, however after a delicious room service lunch we tried to have a rest, as we had travelled through the night, only to discover right next to our villa was very noisy building work! We contacted our Personal Assistant who was very helpful & within the hour we were installed in a comparable villa at the Bisma resort (& we in fact prefered the location as it was very peaceful but an easy walk or 2 minute drive into Ubud). The manager & the staff were very helpful & apologetic about the building works & the move really didn't impact our holiday at all.

Our villa was stunning, the plunge pool was almost a lap pool & the attention to detail was outstanding (there were even mossie coils, Off & a pool float). The bed & bath were decorated with flower petal hearts & the information about the area & resort was very helpful. There was an evening turn down service & when it rained staff came & moved the sunbeds. The level of service was exceptional & made us feel very special. This was also continued in the restaurant at breakfast, where staff brought us extra dishes to try & on my birthday they brought me a gorgeous cake, took photos & gave me one in a frame when we checked out. (We had only mentioned in passing that it was my birthday)

The resort was tranquil & beautiful, removed from the hustle of the town, the only noises were that of nature, frogs, crickets & even a monkey on our roof one night! The spa was also in an amazing setting & the staff were again exceptional & the services good value for a resort spa.

This was a very special holiday & the resort, staff & setting made it so. I very much hope to return again. Thank you Komaneka

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I heard my partner gasp O.M.G. as she opened the curtains on our first morning at Komaneka Bisma.
We had arrived very late the previous evening. I jumped up to see what she was talking about - we overlookied a small rice paddy on the edge of the sacred river, which gave rise to the jungle across the river.
A long way from the bustle of tourist Bali - although it was only short way to the main street with all the shopping and temples.
The resort itself is elegant (clean) the staff courteous and the service exceptional - we had a all the break we had wished for at Komaneka Bisma. See our bad photos of a brilliant time.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed 7 days in Jan. Our rooms had great views of the padi fields. Fantastic breakfast, tea and dinner. Nice pools and spa. Everything at this hotel was outstanding. It is one of the best places we have ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2013
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were staying at Komaneka Tanggayuda(which was nice, but a little remote) and were asked if we'd like to take up their offer of a free upgrade to Komaneka Bisma. We were driven in, shown around and given a choice of which villa we would like. We jumped at the opportunity! Bisma is set in an idyllic spot set high on the side of a river overlooking a rain forest, and within walking distance of Ubud attractions. There was a shuttle service every hour and they would drop you off & pick you up pretty much anywhere. The things that stand out, apart from the 'to die for' accommodation, was the friendliness of Surya, the manager, and all his staff, who knew us by name and went out of their way to greet us and assist us in any way possible. The breakfast staff were just gorgeous. One, I wish I could remember her name, put my husband on to banana dumplings & banana jam. He wants to go back just for them!! The attention to detail was everywhere, from the flowers on the bed & in the bath, to the hats, flip flops & sleeping attire to the fresh fruit & cookies. Did I mention the free afternoon tea served daily! We had definitely found a slice of paradise! We enjoyed our many chats with Surya and hope to get back there again, as there is nothing better than Komaneka at Bisma!

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

NIce hotel, the room is big enough with nice sofa and large bathroom, nice bathtubr and also have a large balcony. Rilex, nice serenity, with paddy view. Don't forget to bring your yoga matrrasses.., you will enjoy doing yoga here... They provide the healthy food, service is memorable. I will back to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Komaneka at Bisma? Share your experiences!