If there is one thing that absolutely stands out about this resort/hotel, it is the level of service one receives from the staff at the place. Amazing, immaculate, out-of-this-world -- are adjectives that immediately come to mind when trying to find a words to describe it. I stayed at the hotel from 15-20 Dec, and thats the outstanding trait that was the overriding feeling i got throughout my stay there. And i have been to quite many hotels around the world, and frankly i wouldn't normally take time to write about it if it wasn't quite this amazing. And it was amazing alrite.
Everybody at the resort always has a smiling face for you, and greets you by name as long as they've had served you before. And not just that, they go the extra mile. Just to cite a few examples:
- i enjoyed the daily breakfasts at the hotel. Loved the house-made banana jam, and asked for an extra helping on the first morning i was there. Guess what - on the second, and subsequent mornings i was there for breakfast, they always remember and gave me extra helpings of the banana jam. Man, thats service!;
- a family member have had a stomach upset one evening. Informed the front desk, and the lady at the reception took upon herself to ensure that a warm herbal tea was served to the room. The next morning, when we were at the reception, the lady remembered and asked if the stomach upset has gone away. She obliged, with a smile, when we requested for another serving of the herbal tea. Just amazing!;
There were many other instances when we were well taken care of. Should cite the following staff for special mention :
Zigma - think she was the lady at the reception who always has a smile, and showed care and concern, and was the sweet lady that proposed bringing the herbal tea to us; thank you again, Zigma!! you would do any company you work for proud indeed!;
Wis - this chap is amazing; always attentive to our needs. He was also the chap that took us cycling on the 16 Dec - and was part of the service staff that served us for breakfasts in the mornings, and always asking if there were anything he could help us with. Man, you were great, and our holidays were all the better for people such as you!;
Budari - she served us for the afternoon teas, and always carries a smile on her face; and who was always attentive to our needs.
Amazing place Komaneka Bisma.
In case you're wondering why i didnt award it 5 stars out of 5. Well, i was nitpicking. If there are some areas that i can point out for improvement, that is:
- While the internet service was supposedly avail throughout most parts of the hotel, the signals were mostly weak and break down intermittently. There was one morning when the internet service completely broke down and was unavailable from about 6am till 9am, and i had some office work that required attention and needed the internet service. So this was quite a major letdown.
- Mosquitos - simply put, just too many in the hotel, and we were bitten throughout our stay.
Location-wise, no problem, although i guess the frequency of the shuttle service into town could be increased slightly.
Overall, our stay in Komaneka Bisma was pleasant and if anything, the service staff there just made it great. We would certainly return if opportunity presents itself in future. Again, thanks. Especially to Zigma, Wis, and Budari ... your smiles and attention made all the difference to us.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali