“very beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 119 Hotels in Ubud
Worcester UK
“very beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here in November in a one bedroom villa. The position of the hotel is beautiful as it overlooks a steep river valley and wondefully maintained gardens. The villa itself had a small kitchen area with fridge, microwave ,sink, liquidiser and kettle . There was an infinity pool overlooking the valley and a deck area to lounge on. The inside of the villa has a king sized bed,bathroom with double sinks, freestanding bath ,loo,inside shower and garden shower. So very nice indeed. The gardens are so well looked after and are lovely to walk through as to go for breakfast which is served in superb surroundings by very kind and attentive staff, in fact all the staff are wonderful and make you feel very special without being overbearing or obsequious. I had a quick look at the suites and whilst the villa was more expensive I think there are some real benifits.
OK thats the good stuff. I did raise concerns about the check in process which seemed to require a huge amount of information, all of which they already had as they had requested via email prior to arrival.Also the full cost of the stay was taken from my card there and then. Whilst I was told this, it did seem very unusual to pay on arrival.The hotel is not cheap by any standards so I was a bit dissapointed that to use one of the fleet of bicycles was $10us a day , or half a day or for an hour. Come on they should be free!
So in closing a very ,very beautiful property but i would work hard to get the best deal you can otherwise all the extras will just "sting" a bit when you come to pay for them

Room Tip: Go for a villa if you can the suites are nice but are housed in a 3 storie building which lackes the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Komaneka at Bisma undoubtly so beautiful, artistic and very scenic with wonderful balcon views. Enjoying every minutes while I was staying for 2 nites there. Sadly, my Apple TV wasn't properly function, 2 times the mechanic sent to my room to fix it, but zero result until I checked out. And another thing to take note, I had been in Bali for about 7 days before go to Komaneka, no question my laundry quite alot and I decided to not to use laundry in hotel, cause it's pricey. Hence I take laundry service in Jl. Bisma. Few hours before check out, I need to collect my packing and asking the person from laundry service (not Komaneka Bisma laundry) to drop it at reception desk. It's 11 am and and calling the landry service, he's telling me that he already dropped my laundry in the reception desk since 9 am! And no one staff at reception feel obliged to inform me, meanwhile they know I'd be check out that day. Feel so dissapointed, I called the reception desk asking about my laundry. With no sorry or whatsoever, a girl in reception asked me to go down to reception to collect it by my self. Not sure if it's a five star hotel or three star hotel...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I did not expect much from my 3D2N stay (6-8 Dec 2012) at the resort (my first trip to Bali). By the 3rd day, I was planning a 2nd stay for a week at the same resort in 2013. Why?

The services we experienced illustrated what it means to put people at the center. The attention to details was something I have never expected or experienced before. I think it is not an exaggeration to say that my family and I were pleasantly surprised, much more than once, with the kind of courtesy, initiative and personal attention given by all (Yes, all) staff members (at the reception, cafe/eatery, spa center, swimming pool, gardener, hotel drivers, housekeeping) we came in contact with. Of course, the accommodation was splendid (we stayed at the Bisma suite) and the scenery from our room was breathtaking (our room was on level 3). While these might sound too good, it takes one to be there to experience and discover.
It is not the cheapest resort around, but it is one I would highly recommend to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a wider view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a really wonderful stay at this hotel - and would be very pleased to stay again! The rooms were beautiful and large with terrific views. The lobby and gardens of the hotel were magnificent. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. The hotel is located a little way from the centre, but there are free shuttle buses all day long, and it is a great walk to and from anyway. The restaurant was also very good. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
bronte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is seriously good. The rooms are superb with great views and all mod cons (apple TV ++). The restaurant is high quality and great value and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Pool and Gym and all facilities are just excellent. The Spa is probably my only complaint - it charges $80USD for a massage that is available for $8 USD all over Ubud. I will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Where do I even start writing? There are so many incredible things about this resort I don't even know where to begin.

We stayed here almost a year ago and wow, I will feel attached to this place for the next 50 years. This was my first trip to Bali and my husband and I went for our anniversary. They were so sweet and upgraded our suite for that reason and even gave us a banana bread cake for the occasion and sprinkled hibiscus and rose petals all over our immaculately made bed that was facing our floor to ceiling windows of the rainforest. The smell was so goooood. Beyond anything I have imagined. The bath tub was also our favorite part of the room. It was HUGE, next to the window and it came with so many oils and salts that to this day we still use. The nightgowns are also so soft and cozy!! I actually bought one.

Location wise, it wasn't far at all from the center of Ubud. Also, the van was super reliable and easy. We often preferred to walk as it cut through the rice paddies. We also signed up with the hotel for the Yoga as well as the bike sessions. We really enjoyed them both.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. It deserves 10 stars. From the moment you arrive, with the sounds of the gamelan playing in the background and the gorgeous Balinese decor, you will instantly fall in love with this place.

And oh yea, the pool. It's beyond incredible. Amazing. Have breakfast at their lounge facing the pool. There is no better way to start the morning.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I came to this hotel to attend a very good friend's wedding. He and his fiancee had booked the entire hotel for their wedding which gave it a great sense of intimacy. Even though we didn't know everyone we knew that they were there for the wedding which was great!

Ubud is simply wonderful and we will definitely return. The difficulty with Ubud is choosing the right place to stay but if you're stuck for choice, this is a good one.

We stayed in one of the villas which are simply stunning. Just go for the villa you won't regret it!

There is an outdoor kitchen with mod cons, a day bed, two sun beds, a private infinity pool overlooking lush greenery and I haven't even talked about the room yet!

You enter the room which contains a very comfortable 4 poster bed, a chaise longue, a desk to work at (still had to reply to some emails!) and a tv with Apple TV hooked up to it!

Next is the walk in powder room with two individual basins and a wardrobe for each person.

Finally there is a standalone bath, a very good "raindance" shower through which you can reach an outdoor Balinese style shower.

The breakfast was served to us on the patio which was greatly. My wife and I didn't think much of the breakfast to be honest which is one area that needs to be improved.

Another aspect of this hotel which is great is that many of the staff have worked there for years and all know each other. How they keep their smiles all day long God knows!

The service was timely and excellent. There is free wifi across the entire hotel which is fabulous. The shuttle bus to town is great but it's not a shuttle bus, more a large car so if you're in a large group plan ahead.

If you get the free pass to the museum you should go, it's a great visit!

The night of the wedding we had the pleasure of meeting the owners of the hotel, Pak Koman and his wife Mansri. They were wonderful hosts and went out of their way to help make our friend's wedding an unforgettable one.

Terima kasih banyak Pak Koman!

Room Tip: Get the villa!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Komaneka at Bisma? Share your experiences!