We arrived late at the airport and Agung was their to greet us with his ever present smile. We checked into our villa and were amazed at the size and comfort - so big, clean and comfortable and the kids were thrilled to have a bedroom and bathroom each!
It was after midnight and we were a bit hungry as we hadn't had dinner. Sure enough Agung appeared with freshly made omelettes - a sign of the hospitality we enjoyed for the next 4 days.
When we woke the next day we were overwhelmed with the surrounding beauty of the area. Villa Agung is located in the middle of rice fields and the view over the rice fields from the top balconies is endless. At sunrise you can see the volcanoes from here and later in the day watch the activities of the farmers and ducks in the rice paddies.
The staff at Villa Agung are very special, Agung himself, his brother Dharma and Dewi the waitress/housekeeper and numerous others. They are so friendly and eager to help and are willing to drop off and pick up around the central Ubud area as required.
Our stay was perfect in every way. Despite 3 days of heavy rain we loved our stay and will definitely return to Villa Agung Khalia. Highlights included riding the villa's bikes through the surrounding rice fields and villages, meeting the local farmers and watching them harvest the rice, relaxing by the beautiful pool, on-site massages, banana pancakes and omelettes at breakfast, Putti the dog, exploring the many wonderful restaurants (and shops) of Ubud, rafting and most all... the charming and hospitable staff of this villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Agung Khalia consists of a new 3-bedroom and 6-bedroom villa, each with private pool and panoramic rice field views located 4km (10 minutes) northeast of central Ubud. The villas blend elements of traditional Balinese style and tropical outdoor living. An engineered vent design creates a natural cool environment day and night, with air-con as a back-up for those that prefer. Experience traditional Balinese culture from the comfort of your luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Villa Agung Khalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Agung Khalia Hotel Ubud
- Villa Agung Khalia Ubud, Bali