“Simple but beautiful place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kebun Indah

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Kebun Indah
You added Kebun Indah to your Saves list
Pengosekan Road, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #39 of 127 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Simple but beautiful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked Mangga Madu and Mangga Bali rooms for my family of 5 (4 adults and 1 toddler) only to realize that Mangga Madu would have been adequate to accommodate all of us. That aside, it was good that we'd the entire area to ourselves. We had breakfast and tea served at the terrace overlooking either the garden or padi field. We really like the variety on the breakfast menu and enjoyed the wholesome food, drinks and fruits. While the pool is shared, we always had it to ourselves as there are only about 6 rooms in the compound. I'll always keep Kebun Indah in my mind when I return to Ubud!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love Kebun Indah so much that this is my third and (hopefully not the last time) I've come back to the place. This time since I was by myself, I stayed at Kodok 2, which has its own semi-private garden that was often visited by a cute little tabby cat patrolling the grounds. However, the cat was very skittish and wouldn't let me near it. Kodok 2's bathroom has two showers, one that could be considered 'outdoor' but it very dark and a bit eerie. It was an all right stay but you can hear every creak and groan from your neighbors staying upstairs at the Big House. Not very good for those who are light sleepers. The wifi signal was okay in this room.

Luckily, I moved to Mangga Madu and while it was huge for one person (a huge contrast since I previously stayed there on my last visit with two other people) , it was quiet and the bathroom was well lighted.

The staff at Kebun Indah were great and friendly, especially Ibu Molly, and the driver Nyoman remembered me from my last visit. Afternoon tea, breakfast and the swimming pool were brilliant as usual.

Had a great stay here and will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed in the Cempaka room for 4 nights. It was very wonderful and the best room in the place. I loved having breakfast on the terrace and just relaxing there as well.
They are building a new house next door -- so it really disrupted my peace and quiet. :( Also, the wifi wasn't working (apparently relating to the construction).
A word about the area... I didn't like it. This place is located in the south of Bali.... great if you are planning to spend a lot of time at the yoga barn. It is right on a very busy main road and incredibly quiet despite being so. I didn't like the neighborhood and probably wouldn't stay here again because of it.
It is also difficult to walk into the nicer parts of Ubud from here. The sidewalks in a lot of Ubud are either really bad or nonexistant.... so you end up taking cars to get anywhere. You would have to take a car to get to places like Sayan Terrace or the nicer parts of Ubud in the north.

Room Tip: Cempaka is wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Cherokee, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is our second time stay here, always nice, friendly and helpful employee. Awesome welcome drinks and compliment fruits basket. Very quiet out of main road but very close to all main restaurant in Ubud such as Taco Casa right at front cross the road, Bebek Bengil, etc...

Also they have free wireless internet. You just need to ask the front desk for the password.

Walking in Ubud its the only way to enjoy the real Bali and this villa its just the perfect location.

More review from me will come along with our 3 night stay here :)

Stayed January 2014
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Kebun Indah is really the perfect location if you want to stay inside the village of Ubud. Architecture is simple, price is reasonable, service is kind and effective (I love the afternoon tea and cake, so delicate attention). The suroudings are so quiet for this center location. No restaurant, so you can enjoy the delicious restaurants of Ubud (Naughty Nuri's, Ryoshi, Wayan Cafe or Laka Leke, Queen Tandoor and other specialities...Oh I forgot the superb massage at Iman Spa, greta therapists, very professional and efficient.

Room Tip: For me the Mangga is the best
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am sitting on the verandah outside my room looking over the rice paddies and have just ordered a complementary coffee.
I am contemplating whether to give this place a bad wrap because my wife is afraid that if we praise it too much we won't be able to get back in.
The staff are really friendly and the included breakfast is both healthy and substantial.
This is my first time here at the Kebun Indah but I have twice stayed at the Alum Indah and I have to say that the Indah group seem to have a culture of good service and attention to detail.
It certainly isn't a five star resort but that is not what we were looking for.
It is close to many good restaurants (see my previous reviews) and you don't have to contend with the monkeys in the forest.
It does not have TV (good thing) or radio (good thing) and the WiFi works reasonably well to keep in touch with the world.
I will definitely come back - and soon

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wonderful people, wonderful breakfast (try a combo jaffle and orange juice) and wonderful setting. Booked 2 nights stayed for 4. Will be back next year! Pool needs a bit of work but it adds charm to the place especially when you get it all to yourself which happens most days! Enjoy

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kebun Indah? Share your experiences!