“Best place I have ever stayed in the world!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Bambu Indah to your Saves list
Bambu Indah
Banjar Baung | Sayan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #35 of 126 Hotels in Ubud
“Best place I have ever stayed in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This is truly such an amazing place left in this world, the surroundings are just absolutely breathtaking! The nicest hotel staff we came across on our whole trip through Bali,
Travelled with our 3 year old daughter who just loved the relaxation of this resort and of course the amazing fresh water pool and the swinging rope
Food was the best we had in Bali as well and staff always did a little plate up for our daughter
Could not recommend this place high enough perfect resort destination

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

With yummy healthy food, lovely service, amazing structures, awe inspiring views, deep long fresh water pool. A perfect place for romance. It has an amazing tree hut and a short walk down the valley to the cleanest looking river I have seen in Bali

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am glad I decided to spend 2 days in this resort as it is so different from the rest of the places in Bali. The simplicity of this place makes to get back to nature. It is quiet and had the perfect view of the rice fields. Every room, house as they call it it different and unique. I had a chance to stay in different one each day and I would say Afrika room is the best. What made the stay even better was the staff that they have. They made the stay even more wonderful. If going to Bali, i would recommend to spend few days here so you see a different view of Bali.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bicheno, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm not sure I'll ever get to stay in an genuine Balinese bridal house ever again - what a treat! It was as beautiful and as charming as I anticipated. So peaceful and quiet and yet you're only 15 minutes by taxi from busy Ubud. The natural pool was refreshing and delightful and kept scrubbed clean everyday! The staff were, without exception, helpful, friendly and professional but we must make mention of the lovely Mary, who personally made us feel so welcome - thank you. The delicious meals could be eaten in the restaurant or in your house at no additional cost and this ability certainly added to our relaxation and enjoyment. The view over the paddy fields and to the distant mountains was a delight to wake up to each day. My only suggestion for improvement would be the provision of a shuttle to and from Ubud on a regular basis. Taxi's (and us) found it hard to find the entrance to Bambu Indah, particularly at night time.

Room Tip: We loved Padi house as we had a great view over the paddy fields and could access the pool with ease...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a tour trough Bambu Indah Estate. This is a beautiful, amazingly peaceful place. One villa impressed me a lot which was a old Jogolo (Indonesian Woodhouse) with a glass floor. Beneath a pond where they grow shrimps.

The location is totally off the beaten track as all John Hardy 'Products' are.

Perfect place for honeymooners who want something 'different'.

Not suitable for a friends group out...its just too romantic.

• Stayed May 2013
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is truly beautiful. Amazing location 15 minutes from Ubud, overlooking the valley and rice fields. Interesting combination of huge bamboo structures and gorgeous old Javanese bridal huts which has a real “eco” feel about it.

The huts have a simple rustic interiors but still have all the modern comforts like air-conditioning inside the mosquito net and wireless Internet access. The bathrooms are semi outdoor with hand-hammered copper sinks and organic toiletries.

All of the huts are different. We chose the Udang hut on villalet.com which has a glass floor and is built on top of a shrimp (udang) pond.

You can rope swing into the swimming pool which looks like a natural pond, have a massage, take yoga classes and eat the delicious food in the restaurant, much of which is grown on the property.

A bit expensive but worth it. I definitely recommend it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

After traveling around Bali for 1 month I have finally gotten the chance to look back and reflect on the beauty of it all. I can safely say that Bambu Indah was the most wonderful highlight of my entire adventure and I was lucky enough to see and stay in some beautiful places along the way. From the moment I walked in, I was treated with such warm, balinese hospitality. Bambu Indah is the perfect escape from the sometimes overwhelmingly center town of Ubud. There is a certain calm about it that can only be understood once there. Rustic, old javanese houses, nestled perfectly in the jungle, surround a beautiful natural pond overlooking vast, tranquil rice paddies.

My fiance and I stayed in the Afrika house which was absolutely gorgeous. It comes with a beautiful deck overlooking the spectacular valley. We happened to be there over Nyepi which is the Balinese Day of Silence and were perfectly content reading, doing yoga, and meditating on our porch. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to this room but all the houses carried their own unique charm. The food in this place was also some of the most exquisite in Bali. We were supposed to spend only a couple nights but we ended up doubling our stay. I honestly wish I never left. I will definitely be coming back and hope anyone reading this will be able to share the same experience.

Room Tip: We originally booked the Kolam house which was beautiful and secluded. It has its own pond but keep...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bambu Indah? Share your experiences!