“A quiet retreat in busy Ubud” 5 of 5 stars

Sri Sunari Guest House
Jl Gunung Sari | Ambegan, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #60 of 315 Ubud B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“A quiet retreat in busy Ubud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Wonderful rooms with spaceous verandas, very well kept garden and pool, great friendly staff, - in one word: perfect!
Busy Ubud's center is just a 15 minute walk away - but at the Sri Sunari you only hear dogs barking, roosters greeting the morning and frogs welcoming the night.
Don't miss out on Putu's smoked duck at the "Wild Ginger" Restaurant or have a nice Dinner served at your veranda.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011 via mobile

We chose Sri from other reviews and we weren't disappointed. Whilst you either need to be prepared to walk for 30 minutes or get a lift from Nyomann, Taksi or better still free pick up from SANg Spa, the quiteness of the rice paddies is great. We had the two rooms downstairs so no view but that was ok. it is good to have the verandah and couches to sit on and breaky is great on the verandah. Used the pool once and it was clean and good temp but nice to have it there. Staff were terrific and Internet good. We also ate at the owners small intimate wahrung called Wild Ginger two nights and the food was lovely especially the chicken with Putu's special sauce and best of all the Pisang Goreng (banana fritters- best ever)! It was very cheap to eat which allowed us to eat and drink cocktails at Indus the other two nights.

• Stayed August 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I cannot fault this guest house, for me it was perfection
My room was really large, with a lovely verandah overlooking the paddy fields. The decor and amience of the room, pool,gardens and surrounding are is beautiful. The staff are really attentive, I arrived very late at night and was served with a cool refreshing fruit juice. Breakfast was delicious..

Just beware the building is located at the end of a pedestrian path, no car access, its not a far walk but none the less my luggage was a bit of a drag, also the location is a bit out of town so transport into UBud is necessary, this in my view is not a bad thing as its traffic chaos in Ubud!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed in the two rooms on the top floor last June, and have just returned from another 3 glorious nights at Sri Sunari. The rooms are lovely, clean and spacious, the views from the verandah gorgeous (shame about the villas being built in front that will diminish the view), breakfast delicious and fantastic staff. We have 2 young boys, and they loved swimming in the pool, feeding the fish and talking non-stop to any staff member who would listen. Dinner at Wild Ginger (owned by Nyoman's wife) is also a great experience. Would happily stay here again. And again. And again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Based on reviews from this site I opted to stay at this wonderful B&B. The onsite staff could not have been more kind and helpful. From helping me order take-out to waking up at 3am to make sure I had help out to the road they consistently went above and beyond.

The room was great with it's own veranda, more than enough for just me. The small touches of little fresh flowers throughout the room was also very nice. Since it cools down in the evening, the fan was just enough to create a wonderful sleeping environment. I didn't spend a ton of time at the B&B but when I did I felt at home.

The pool is very nice and refreshing and well needed after a long bike ride! The fact that the property is set back a distance from the road was wonderful as there was no street noise. As it is away from town it gets dark once the sun sets but no worries, the staff has rechargeable torches that you can take wherever you need to go!

I thought the place was reasonably priced and offered exceptional care to it's patrons. I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

If you decide to stay here BE SURE to wander out back into the rice fields! It is such a beautiful site to see and can keep you in awe for hours!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Cheonan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I loved Sri Sunari! The reviews I read on Trip Advisor-and there are loads for Ubud!!-helped me to make the right choice.
I was looking for a place that was relaxing, beautiful, and safe.I traveled by myself as I wanted time to write and read. Sri Sunari was perfect for me! From the oh so friendly and kind staff to the beautıful scents wafting through my open windows and patio doors (ylang ylang and frangipani) to the bright blue birds zipping by every morning to the colorful butterflies settling on the flowers within picking distance (if I so desired) right outside my windows..I could go on and on!!!!
Sri Sunari sits on an off the beaten walking path amidst the rice fields. Upon entering the carved wooden door you find yourself in a small, manicured courtyard-the four room guesthouse to your left and the staff building straight ahead. Follow the stone path to your left and find a compact pond full of what looked like koi. Behind the grassed area and well situated flowering shrubs is the pool....ahhhhhh....I spent many a happy hour in the sparking clean pool before settling myself into a chaise lounge.
Sri Sunari is close enough to the center of town and the shops....within walking distance if you so desire....I took vans/taxis when I went out.. It was really great being out and about in the crush of people and noise and knowing I had the peace and quiet to go home to at the end of the day!! Such a relief!!
Stay at Sri Sunari....You'll love it!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My daughter and I spent 3 nights here at the end of June. We loved the guesthouse from the minute the taxi dropped us off and we walked down the lane past the rice paddies to our rooms. We had the 2 very comfortable upstairs rooms with glorious views and wonderful balconies to lounge and relax on. Nyoman and his staff are warm and welcoming. They will arrange any tours or services needed. We had a wonderful massage from lovely Sugi who lives in the house next door - the best massage I have ever had and highly recommend. And definitely have a meal (or more!) at Wild Ginger which is the warung/restaurant run by Nyoman's lovely wife Putu. It is quiet and peaceful, away from the noise of the main street, and the food is the best we had in Bali - absolutely delicious. The kindness and friendliness of Putu and Nyoman was a highlight of our time in Bali. We are already planning to come back!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have the best views.