“Gorgeous Place to Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pondok Ayu

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sanur
Pondok Ayu
Save Saved
You added Pondok Ayu to your Saves list
JL. Sekuta | Gang Pudak, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Sanur
Margaret River, Western Australia, Australia
“Gorgeous Place to Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have just returned from Pondok Ayu after 13 amazing nights with my husband and two children. From the minute we entered the doors at 'Pondok' we knew we were onto a winner!! We were fortunate enough to have met the owners during our stay. Barb and Steve are just the most welcoming and generous people - they really make you feel as though you are part of the 'Pondok' family. The staff are absolutely Gorgeous. The manager Gede and all of the staff really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. It is really hard to believe the value for money you are getting at 'Pondok'. We have truely found our little piece of paradise and can't wait to book again! Thank you so much for the best trip to Bali we have ever had!
Carissa & Mark Westman.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Finished my recent Bali holiday at Pondok Ayu. It is a grate place to chill. Friendly staff, small number of units and a pleasant spot to relax. I really enjoy the chance to do nothing. Although I was close enough to engage in local activities - I chose not to. Good for all group or singles

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here with my 2 daughters (3 and 6) for 5 nights. The girls had a ball as they swam all day and played with the other children who were staying. The layout of the rooms allows for both privacy and/or a chat around the pool. Barb and Steve who own the property make you feel like you are part of their family. The staff that they have employed are all beautiful and nothing is too much trouble. It is excellent value for money, when you consider the quality of rooms, service and everything else you gain from staying here.

Thank you for a memorable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vaasa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great rooms, a lot of space and friendly staff! We also liked the family style dining room that is used for breafirst. The only negative that can be mentioned is that the hotel is a couple of kilometres from the beach. But it is still a walkable distance and there is a driver available all the time. We talked to the driver during one of the trips and I think he made a good point. "The hotel is like a family and everybody can do everything." And the pride for doing a good job is visible in everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Thanks Barb,Gede and all the staff at pondok we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and without doubt have found our accommodation now when visiting Sanur. We were lucky to have the suite plenty of space ,clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts were delicious and the kids loved being in the pool and we enjoyed mixing with the other guests as well as the staff . Great service great accommodation thank you

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed four times at Pondok Ayu. The most recent was at the end of the year 2012. It was for a family reunion. I rented the whole hotel for my family for 4 days and it was great. The staff was very accomodating and I agree with the other reviews it was a great family hotel.
When I arrived, there was a bouquet of orchid flowers waiting for me in my suite. How lovely!
The rooms are big and spotlessly clean. I know for a fact that every body there works hard to please the guests. I know them by names.
I will be back next year.

Room Tip: Suite is the best room. Too bad there is only one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Many great things have been written about pondok ayu and we can vouch for what's written 110%! The rooms are a good sized room which slept family of four quite comfortably! What's great bout this place is that it has only 5 rooms and there's really that personal touch by the folks taking care of the place there. Their warm smiles and their ever willing to make ur stay a lil more special are the highlights. An added bonus are the friends we meet there as well! Nice chats @ the communal dining table and pool with the Australian friends who booked out the remaining four rooms. Really appreciate the tips & insights they share (try out the massage next to Benno's @ Sanur Beach!).
The real topping, is the grand send off by the each of the Pondok family as well as the guest!
It really feels like u r leaving home...Our only regret is not having a photo taken with our Balinese family!

2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pondok Ayu? Share your experiences!