“Amazing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kamuela Sanur

You added Kamuela Sanur to your Saves list
Kamuela Sanur
5.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jl Cemara No 33, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia (Formerly Aston Legend Sanur )   |
Ranked #5 of 97 Specialty Lodging in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I just leave Kamuela Sanur and continue my holiday to Ubud, I want to share my eperiance during stay at Sanur.
Only one word can describe it...very amazing stay, we stay at one bed room villa which complete with private pool and private kitchen, then the bathroom have outdoor shower with garden around it. The room cleanliness very good and the room decoration very dramatic and romantic due to some candle put on the wall.
The food taste very delicious, last saturday we join balinese grilled dinner which have balinese dance for the entertainment.
All staff very friendly, always smile and always calling us by our name.
I will back on next february and want try their new suite room, I saw the room very huge an have private jaccusi. We are very recommended this property for amazing holiday.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Rihendra, General Manager at Kamuela Sanur, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Greg,
We are very happy to see your review regarding our Villa and our commitment to always give the best service for our lovely guest, then very happy to read you very enjoyed the food on our CARAMEL restaurant which one of the best restaurant in Sanur area. Looking forward to welcoming you on next February.

Best Regard

Villa Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

When I first enter this hotel, my first impression is the reception was soo small but that not the point
Staying in a suite just near the reception, the room was spacious. Everything was clean and new. They even gave a rose petals for our bathtub and a honeymoon cake which i didn't request and it's not our honeymoon anyway. Thanks for that. everything was very good. Staff is veri helpful and friendly. The breakfast and dinner provided were great too. The spa provided was fantasic too. One thing I dislike was the curtain beside the pond even though you lock the wooden door, people still can enter ur room with just a push of the curtain And the glass door was so difficult to lock and unlock. In case of emergency, one will be more panick and got even more difficulties in unlocking. Everything was really good and goes well till the day we check out. the reception staff still ask us write a feedback form. Everything written was positive, we even praise her. During check out process, we were charged for making local calls in the room. Initially we thought it might be our 20mth old son but after check the calls made on both day was the same number. I believe my son was not that genius till he can dial the same number. First call the timing stated was just before we enter the room. The last call was just after we left the room for shopping. Isn't it very scary that the staff know every movement of yours. After u left they sneak in to make calls. Though the amount is not alot but is not right for the staff to do so. We told the reception staff about it and her attitude changed. Using alittle rude manner She say she don't need us to pay now and ask us to leave. Its not the money that matters. I doubt she understand that. So our holidays ended with a unhappy incident. I really hope the management can look into this matter.

• Stayed May 2011
Rihendra, General Manager at Kamuela Sanur, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Miss,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to post your review. We are very happy to know that you have very much enjoy our Suite room.
Please apologize regarding little incident during your check out time, I will make sure this follow up with my staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit to Bali, maybe on next visit you can try different atmosphere by stay on our villa which complete with private kitchen and private swimming pool.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

It was my plan to spend first days in Bali in a very relaxing atmposphere just having a good rest and enjoying some private place. And it was it! It was a really huge suite with private jacuzzi , a lot of space and king-sized bed. Very fast reacting and attentive staff, though not obsessive. A wonderful pool and pool restaurant where i used to swim during the day and had a couple of wonderful tasty dinners with my fellows in the evenings.
The only thing i didn't like was the beach. They had a shuttle to get there for about 3 min, but the beach was not well kept, so a preferred the swimming pool, but that was absulutely fine for me and i really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your review. We are very happy to know that you have very much enjoy the Suite room, hopefully on next visit to Bali, you can try our villa which have private kitchen and private swimming pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I have been stay at Suite room Kamuela Sanur on last month, I have stayed for 3 nights, this room very amazing, very huge room. This suite room have huge private jacuzzi, so I can relaxed on Jacuzzi after full day meeting with my client. All staff very friendly and always smile, food taste very amazing especially Pork ribs and fried duck. Love this Villa and will be back with my family, maybe next visit I will try the villa.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr.Andreas,

Thank you very much for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so much at our new Suite room, and you enjoy the food from our restaurant, hopefully on your next stay with us, you can try our private villa which complete with private kitchen and private swimming pool.

We look forward to serving you again for your next holiday.

New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

We rented one of their 6 villas. Absolutely perfect! Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, private outdoor living area and private pool. Very well manicured garden with diverse plants and trees. My girls wake up early and want to watch TV before hitting the pool. I wake up a little later and want to read. My wife sleeps in a bit to catch up. This villa gives you the space and flexibility to do that which is very difficult to do even in a 2 bedroom hotel suite. Private pool was great if girls wanted to swim and you didn't feel like dragging all your gear down to the main pool. Breakfast was included with room so you give them at least 30 minutes notice they would bring breakfast right to your villa. This was very convenient so that you don't have to drag everyone out to a restaurant first thing in the morning. Food was good and reasonably priced as compared to surrounding restaurants. The main pool has a shallow kids pool as well which is good for non-swimming children. The staff were all friendly and if you asked for anything they would get it for you immediately. They were not too proactive in coming by you at the pool and asking if you wanted anything (drink, menu, etc.). Depending on whether you want to be left alone or catered too will determine if you would think this was good or not so good.

What could have made the trip better. They have free WiFi but if didn't reach our villa. We had to go to the bar/ restaurant to get the signal and even then it was painfully slow. There isn't a gym (my wife and I still try to work out on vacation). The beach is about a 5 minute walk and is very dirty and surrounded by touters (this is the only reason why I didn't give the hotel 5 stars).

Room Tip: 2BD or 3BD villa best if you have kids
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I am stay with my husband last month, we stay at Suite room, this room very large completed with large jaquzzi, very enjoyed it..bed very comfort and the atmosphere very nice. All staff friendly and always give us best smile. Food taste nice but the price little bit expensive better then next door restaurant. On the street front of resort, you can find many choice of restaurant with cheap price. Will be back on August.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We went to this hotel on a "groupon" style coupon and were upgraded to a villa when they didn't have a regular room available. What a treat. My husband and I hadn't been away together (alone) in five months, and he really needed a downtime vacation. We loved the private pool and included massages and dinner and felt totally spoiled by the amount of space and luxurious accommodations. The outdoor space was lovely and we enjoyed watching the koi fish in their pond as well.
One item of note was that during heavy rain, the lintel above the door to the outdoor shower leaked and the exterior walls in the closets were dampened by the rain as well -- it seems like some work may be needed, but it was a very minor issue compared to the amazing time we had.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Kamuela Sanur? Share your experiences!