Better write my last report before returning back to paradise. I stayed at Sukun Bali Cottage in January for 12 nights. It is a beautiful complex in a good location - well at least for my purposes. Yes, this hotel has not direct beachfront location, but the beach is only a short walk away. Furthermore, the place offers a beautiful pool area in a tranquil garden setting with lounges and towels. During my stay very few people frequented this beautiful area.
There are plenty of restaurant options around this Southern end of Sanur area.
I had cottage number 102 which is in a quiet corner and offers a comfortable little patio area overlooking the gardens and neighbouring cottages. Inside it was spacious with two large outside bathrooms, bar-size fridge, good split air conditioner, TV with plenty of channels; including Satellite but NO Fox Sport (I missed out on my NHL fix). Forget reading at night as the lights are not up to it. There was no desk or room safe in this unit. The bed is very comfortable and a good king-size.
The cottages are aging but maintained reasonably well. Being in this game, I know there is always room for improvement and this place is no different. Cleanliness was so-so and some towels have seen better days; I guess fussy guests could register issues in this department.
The breakfast was included in my package. You select from a static menu with very limited choices. A more alternating selection would do wonders to guest satisfaction and challenge the kitchen staff more to come up with new culinary creations. The coffee is real Bali kopi with the mandatory sediment at the bottom of the cup and yes, I could get two cups on most mornings.
All staff members were cheerful and very helpful. In particular, the ‘boss’ Mr Kadek, Leila in the kitchen and the people at reception, Mr Tri, Gede and Kadek, did way more than is normally expected. The laundry service is outstanding. Thank you for looking after me. I’ll be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sukun Bali Cottages strategically located in Sanur, one of the most well known as tourist destination in Bali. 5 minutes walk to the famous beach of Sanur Beach, short distances walk to the international cuisines restaurants, 15 minutes from and to the airport and an easy access from and to other tourist destinations such as Ubud, Sukawati, Nusa Dua and Kuta.The 22 rooms divided into 12 cottages are lies on 5,000 m2 of land with a lush tropical garden surrounding the cottages. Nicely designed swimming pool on centre of the cottages, Wi-fi connection thru surrounding area and many more facilities to satisfy our ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sukun Bali Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukun Bali Cottages Hotel Sanur
- Sukun Bali Cottages Sanur