“Nice little Hide-away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Mesari

You added Puri Mesari to your Saves list
Puri Mesari
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Mertasari 66 | Sanur Kauh, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80227, Indonesia   |
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Craigieburn, Australia
“Nice little Hide-away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I liked Puri Mesari (PM) it is a no frills accommodation and would happily come back. Great things about the place were: Friendly and helpful staff, Leafy and shady pool, a home stay feel with most of the services of a hotel, an on-call car for drop-offs and pick ups from Sanur, Nice clean rooms, Decent AC,Walking distance to the beach. Things I didn't like about the PM: A bit far from Kuta & Legian, No convenient ATM, accommodation was a bit dated, In house restaurant was a bit limited in what they offered, No in room TV. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were great. Travellers who cannot comfortably use stairs should consider carefull...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Narooma, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went to Bali this trip for dental treatment and luckily found I Puri Mesari in Sanur on the east via tripadvisor, as it is only half an hour from the dental clinic in Denpasar. I chose it because it said "family owned boutique hotel". I wanted somewhere quiet and friendly. It's located at the far
end of Sanur, in a leafy suburb and only a 10 minute walk to the beach promenade which I walked early every morning before the delicious breakfast at Puri Mesari. Along the promenade and a 10 minute walk up the street, were plenty of great cafes/warungs for very reasonable prices and I also enjoyed eating-in at the hotel. The best part of staying at Puri Mesari, however, was the staff and owner - they were all so happy, kind, friendly and helpful, I will always hold them fondly in my memories of Bali and am looking forward to my next stay there. Also the hotel is beautiful and well kept with a lovely pool overlooked by the dining area and lots of ponds with fish and walkways to the rooms which are very comfortable with a huge bathroom and bath.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Upon arrival electricity didn't work in our room. We then got upgraded to a better room free of charge for our whole stay. The hotel is clean and has very friendly and helpful staff. The location is good, on a quiet street but nearby the beach boardwalk and the shops.

• Stayed October 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at Puri Mesari many, many times, and it is like coming home for us. We stayed 9 nights but not long enough for me. Love the owners, who are very good friends, the staff are lovely and always smiling. Budi was a character, always wanting to clean my pool lounge for me. Junee, Lynda and Eka on reception are always friendly and helpful. This is a small hotel, a great place to relax and read. We love to walk into Sanur town, which changes every time we go there, so many restaurants to choose, and also lots of restaurants on the beach walk as well. The local people are so friendly, never passing us without saying hello. Breakfast at Puri Mesari is always good, american breakfast included in room charge is more than anyone needs to fill them up. The hotel is clean and well kept. The hotel was fully booked while we were there which was good to see. After spending a couple of weeks on the east side of Bali with the hustle and bustle, it is so good to come here and slow down and relax before heading home. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants peace and quiet. Well done Puri Mesari, see you next time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Staying there was pretty amazing as their friendly staff were welcoming and service was very satisfactory. This was my first visit to Bali. So they really gave me a wonderful experience to memorise. The only thing bothered me is no TV in rooms. While staying at rooms wanted to enjoy their culture or may be listening news around. Also no gym. But other than that whole experience was terrific. On top of that we had the opportunity to meet Mr. Gede Reindra Patera, the Managing Director of the hotel. His valuable information about Bali and cooperation about anything we asked for made our holiday complete and satisfactory. We wish him every success in life.

Room Tip: Check the room beforehand or contact their managing director
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It felt like stepping into a very happy family environment. Greeted with ginger tea while you check in and escorted to delightfully large rooms with enormous bathrooms and views out over what appear like floating walkways over ponds of darting fish. We were served excellent food by smiling friendly staff and the staff on reception were only too happy to help organise any request. The hotel is a quick Bemo ride to the night markets and a short walk to the beach. There are numerous cafes and small shops close by and you can hire bikes from the hotel to explore as far as your energy and enthusiasm will allow. The hotel offers a courtesy bus for your convenience or you can organise a local driver to take you on day trips at a remarkably low cost. The island of Nusa Lembongan is only a half hour fast boat ride away where you can visit for the day or longer to see seawed harvested or take a scuba dive to search for the famed maui maui. I am so glad I gave in to my friends' entreaties to go to Bali with them as they had fallen in love with the tropical island over fifteen years ago and could not understand my reluctance to visit. Well what can I say/ My Bali holiday was one of the most relaxing ones I have ever spent made so by the amazing friendliness and generosity of the Balinese. I will definitely be returning to Bali and definitely staying at the Puri Mesari Sanur.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We chose this hotel from reading the reports on Trip Advisor and we were very pleased with our choice and stayed for 9 nights here from 22nd October. The staff were all very attentive and friendly at all times and particularly Linda on reception, who was always so courteous, considerate and obliging. The rooms were tastefully furnished, immaculately clean and comfortable and our outside bathroom was a novelty. We were really impressed by the attractiveness of the place, particularly around the pool area and this contributed to the very evident air of tranquillity throughout our stay which was greatly appreciated. It is a bit of a walk to the busy centre of Sanur but it is also close to a nice beach and there are restaurants, cafes and small shops nearby. We enjoyed a pleasant walk along the beach-front walkway several times and you see and meet some really interesting sights and people. We also hired bikes from the hotel a few times to cycle along the full length of the beach walkway which is flat and easy to do and also enjoyed exploring the back streets around our area which was interesting and safe to do so. Alternatively there are plenty of other types of transport around - bemos (local cheap minibus), taxis and offers for local driver/car hire which are relatively cheap which we also used as required. (We hired a local driver for the day and had a great day out, visiting many of the places on our list of things to do – Barong/Kris dance show, Hindu temple, volcano, coffee/spice plantation, volcano, rice fields, monkey forest)
Our first holiday in Bali was a wonderful experience and it exceeded our expectations and this was certainly enhanced by our stay at Puri Mesari. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will certainly return to Bali in the future and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Puri Mesari? Share your experiences!