“Great little boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parigata Villas Resort

Save Saved
You added Parigata Villas Resort to your Saves list
Parigata Villas Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Duyung No. 99 - Semawang | Sanur, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80227, Indonesia   |
Ranked #29 of 64 hotels in Sanur
Adelaide, Australia
“Great little boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 only nights in mid February. Good spot (for Sanur as it's pretty quiet), just a quick few minutes stroll down the lane to the beach and fairly close to eats and drinks. Hotel was fairly quiet, very clean, we had a poolside room which was lovely, were able to hang out wet bathing gear out on the balcony each day. Breakfast was plentiful and lots of choice, staff were great, plenty of drinks options at the bar. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We've had a wonderfull week here. Quiet, private close to the beach. We enjoyed the friendly service of the staff, the cleaners, the pool boys you all contributed to our great stay. The rooms are big, the privat swimming pool was great (we enjoyed our midnight swim). Close to beach, less than a 5 minutes walk. Great restaurants at the beach and good coffee on your way to the main street. We enjoyed lunch and diner in the restaurant of Parigata, service and food are wonderful, I don't understand that not more guests are eating here. We thought breakfast was good. Every day choice of bread, juices, eggs. Maybe not as much choice as in bigger hotels but Parigata only has 18 villas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Flinders, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here in Feb 2014 with my husband and two young kids, 3 years and 11 months. Really suits either families or those after a quiet holiday that is more low key than Legian. Hotel is older but well maintained, clean, great balconies and comfy beds, really lovely atmosphere. The bathrooms can be damp but Bali is humid and this seems to be an issue everywhere. Mostly European, Canadian and Scandinavian tourists stayed here, again, different to all the Aussies in Legian. Our little boy made lots of friends around the pool.The pool is great with plenty of deck chairs. Yummy breakfast, helpful staff, great location in Sanur. Close to beach, walk down the laneway and turn right to find some beautiful restaurants on the beach, cheap massage spas in the main street. If you want anything super fancy this is not for you but you will have to spend a lot more money. Fantastic value!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Parigata Villas Resort in Feb 2014. We travelled as a couple in our early 20's. We found the rooms to be well maintained and loved the private pool as well as the main pool. Bed was comfortable.

I would suggest having a room that faces west so that way you aren't woken up by the morning sun as the curtains do not block it out.

Breakfast was average. Minimal choice. Food was a bit dry. Stuck to toast most days. Although PVR isn't a Resort, a wider selection would have been nice.

Overall we would stay there again, however, 4 nights is probably too long for people in their early 20's.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was traveling to Bali on my own and staying two nights and took a lot of time trying to find somewhere that would suit my needs. Parigata had good reviews on Tripadvisor, apart from the last one, and I am glad I found it. Overall the experinece was excellent for what I wanted and I thought good value for money. Yes it is tired, the tarnish on the mirror is gone and plaster flaking in places, curtains old fashioned but it depneds how fussy you are. The bath has a crack but what a bath - massive made of a kind of fake marble - I could float in it. The outside shower is just one spout of water but what bliss to stand under it, in your own secluded garden naked with hot and cold water. The pool is totally private and enjoyed making coffee in the morning and drinking it while I was in my own pool. A grey squirrel ran up and down the palm trees and the doves would come and splash in the water if I was still enough. If the pool wasn't enough there was the hotel pool set in lovely gardens with rocks. I cycled along the beach path in Sanur past many of the big hotels with very ordinary pools, viewed by anyone walking past and thought how lucky it was to have like the one in Parigata Villas. It is large enough to have a decent swim and empty as everyone has their own. There is peace and tranquility.
Location - it is not on the beach but again, having seen the beach I am not sure I would want to be there. The sand is clean where the hotels are but in between I found three syringes. They are not private - the hawkers can come up and everyone can see you. Parigata is 2 mins walk from the beach path - if you so wish you can hire a sunbed but why would you? The beach path has plenty of stalls and cafe and if you walk out of the hotel in the other direction there is a street with everything you need in terms of shops/cafes etc. Bike hire was $4 a day.
I was worried about a/c having read the previous negative post but I had a good a/c that kept the room at icy cold if I so wished. The safe is not bolted down but did the previous reviewer try to lift it and walk out the room with it - fairly impossible without two men. I felt safe and so were my valuables.
Negatives - the wifi. It was available in the lobby which had no a/c but in this day and age I think it is really important to have it in the room. I want to wake in the morning and reach for my phone and check my messages, or lie by the pool and use my ipad.
The villa would be no good for a family with children who can't swim and as there are two windows to the bathroom you really need to know your fellow traveller well.
Unlike others who said the breakfast was good I found it very ordinary and after two days would have been looking elsewhere but it is included in the price. The room service breakfast looked much better.
There were no facilities to print off a boarding pass.
Overall, loved it and would come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Totally under maintained. A crack running a long the full length of the bath. Air con running at low strength. Electric sockets not working. Out side shower was just a spout with water coming out of a statue.
The room safe was not bolted down-cash and carry!
But breakfast was o.k.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

These villas are fantastic. The private pool is beautiful and the resort also has a much larger pool as well. The gardens are amazing and the staff very friendly. I have stayed in villas with private pools before which have been much more expensive. These villas don't have a kitchen, dining room and sitting room as others do but most of this is wasted anyway as you tend to eat out. The rooms consist of a reasonable sized bedroom with a sofa, huge very comfortable bed and flat screen TV (only found one english speaking channel but wasn't interested in watching TV anyway) and a desk. There is also a large dressing room with huge vanity top and wardrobes. The Bathroom is separate again and consists of a stone bath with shower over and toilet. The bathroom is great as it is NOT outside or half outside, so cool and not full of mozzies as many other villa bathrooms are. There is also an outdoor hot/cold shower which was great after getting out of the pool. I didn't eat dinner at the restaurant or order from the 24 hour room service so can't comment on that. I did eat breakfast most days. It is adequate with a choice of eggs (omelette, scrambled etc) which was OK but nothing to rave about. We went out a couple of mornings to get decent coffee and a better breakfast. This is not the kind of resort with a massive buffet for breakfast as there are only 18 villas, however I didn't find this a problem. The villas are close (200m) from a nice beach and plenty of great restaurants down the main street or along the beach front. We hired push bikes which was a great way to get around and the roads and beachfront in Sanur are easy to ride on, unlike Seminyak or Kuta where it would be a bit dangerous. All up it was a great place to stay and I would go back. If I had to have any complaints it would be that the coffee sachets in the room were never topped up so had to ask a couple of times for this in order to have a morning coffee in the room.

Room Tip: They have rooms with private pools and spa pools (plunge pools). Make sure you get a proper pool. We...