For anyone looking for a friendly hotel in a beautiful location this is it! From the moment of our arrival until our departure two and a half weeks later we enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is right on the lovely beach at Sanur. The charming reception staff welcomed us warmly and explained our "all inclusive" package. We were shown to our room in the first floor. Admittedly the room does look a little dated and the bathroom had a beige suite and very 1970s tiles but it was spacious and scrupulously clean.
The restaurant is right on the beach and the staff are friendly and efficient. Special mention must go to the waiters Su and Mahdi who work incredibly hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of the guests. The lunch and dinner menu is good and not (thank God) one of the dreadful buffets that seem to be present in all too many hotels these days. Breakfast is buffet style with omelets and pancakes cooked to order.
The small pool is shaded on one side by bougainvillea and sunloungers and towels are plentiful. The gardens in which the hotel stands and gorgeous, pools of fish surrounded by exotic and beautiful flowering plants and trees. To walk through these gardens on our way to the restaurant was pure joy.
There are shops, souvenir stalls, beauty parlours and restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. The hotel can provide on request and car and driver and we were charged just £40 for 8 hours in a comfortable, modern car with Yan our driver who was a great guide, knowledgeable and charming. Any part of Bali can be reached in under 4 hours from Sanur and the drivers can recommend the places worth visiting.
A significant number of guests at the hotel were single travellers but the friendly atmosphere ensured that they were never lonely. Many guests were repeat visitors, we met a Dutch couple who have visited for a month a year for the last 14 years and would never go anywhere else. Others were there for the third and fourth times and said that although they had been to other hotels in Bali they kept coming back to Diwangkara because of the friendly staff and guests. The guests are a mix of British, Australian, Italian, Dutch, French, Korean, Chinese and Indonesians rom other islands. There were a few children but it was mainly couples or single adults there and child facilities appeared to be limited to a shallow pool for the kids and the beach.
I loved Bali, loved the Indonesians and loved Diwangkara. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diwangkara Holiday Villa Bali is a boutique class resort and spa located on the beach front of Pantai Sanur in the south-eastern coast of Bali island. Surrounded by lush greeneries, this beautiful boutique resort and spa offers a tropical paradise with a unique blend of modernity and cultural heritage, making it a perfect destination for all ages and occasions. Staying in the heart of nature offers much comfort - what more at Diwangkara Holiday Villa's Balinese inspired guest rooms and suites, individual villas and bungalows. Equipped with modern conveniences, here is where you experience total bliss and bring home memories that will linger for a lifetime. The Lagenda Malaysian & Fusion Restaurant is the beach front open-air restaurant certified Halal by the Majelis Ulama Indonesia. Serving authentic Balinese, Malaysian, international and oriental cuisine. With a stunning view of the blue sea of Sanur and Mount Agung, each taste bite is all the more tantalizing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Diwangkara Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diwangkara Holiday Villa Bali Hotel Sanur
- Diwangkara Holiday Hotel Bali
- Diwangkara Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Bali Sanur