We stayed at the Diwangkara for two nights which we felt were two nights too many :(
When we arrived the reception had no recollection of our booking which may have been due to the fact we only booked it a day beforehand so can understand that one.
The grounds and garden of the hotel are lovely. It is a couple of seconds walk to the beach - which is this strange blackish sand but walk 500 meters up and you reach a much cleaner brighter beach.
We were shown to our room which was adequate but was very tired looking in comparison to what we have stayed in during the trip.
It's set a bit of a walking distance from where the restaurants and bars are so be prepared for a walk.
The breakfast wasnt very nice - in fact the worst one we had and we've stayed in 7 different hotels in Bali, Lombok and the Gili islands. We both ordered boiled eggs of which took over 20 mins to arrive - hardly because they had a rush on, was only another couple in the restaurant at the time. Overall service was below average - asked where we could get a taxi from one evening to which we were told to walk up this busy main road, no offer of calling us one. Set off looking to find a taxi and I tripped over the broken pavement and split my big toe nail in half, pouring with blood. Staggered back to the hotel to demand they call us a cab and still the staff were very reluctant to do so.
Also we needed to get the boat out to the
Gili islands on day of check out and the reception told us the boat will collect us at 9am from the hotel lobby. We waited on for 40 mins and the pick up never arrived so we asked reception to call the boat operators, of which the reply was they are waiting for us down at this hotel down the beach. If they could have told us the correct information in the first place...
Now, it wasn't all doom and gloom; we had a massage in the hotel spa and must admit that it was the best we had received whilst on our trip.
- Also Known As:
- Diwangkara Holiday Villa Bali Hotel Sanur
- Diwangkara Holiday Villa Bali Hotel
- Diwangkara Holiday Villa
- Diwangkara Holiday Hotel Bali
- Diwangkara Holiday Villa Bali Sanur
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, AsiaRooms, Otel, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere and Fastbooking so you can book your Diwangkara Holiday Villa Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.