We stayed at this hotel for because it was part of a flight-hotel package that was cheaper than the flight alone. Here is what I observed:
- A Hotel off the beach in a central (North/South way) of the Sanur beach area.
- Very nice grounds with trees flowers and 2 nice pools
-Rooms were clean but the cleaner they used was strong and if arrived shortly after cleaning it was a bit intense. Might bother some but it told me they really cleaned. It was gone in a couple hours
- Bathroom needed remodelling. Toilet and tub are stained from being old. Sink is OLD. Bathroom is huge! Careful not to slip on the wet floor like I did. But I felt it was clean.
- The room itself is large! Queen Bed was comfortable, lot of storage area,
-TV is small CRT and has no English but BBC. Watched a little for fun one night while getting into bed. I didn't really care that it was poor.
- Wake up calls were ten minutes late. So I just adjusted my request and they were on time
- Room has no fridge so rented one for $3 a day (worth it)
-Room has no safe, no hair dryer and no coffee or tea. However coffee and tea are available during breakfast and we took it back to our room, and you could borrow a hair dryer from the front desk but then needed to return it right after use.
-room has desk with large mirror, dim lighting, two wicker chairs and coffee table, two night stands.
- Window between bathroom and bedroom so you can see your room mate shower and use the sink. The toilet is around the corner and not visible. No way to cover this window up. We didn't mind as we are married but others may.
-Air conditioning worked great and with 44C humidex we needed it. Note the bathroom has an area that is permanently open in the roof which is very nice but ruins the AC. We kept the bathroom door closed at all times . this kept our room kept a great cool temperature.
Outside - Veranda was nice with a towel clothes rack to dry wet stuff, two chairs and coffee table. Never used the pools as we preferred the ocean but they seemed great and clean.
-Wifi available for $1 a day. We were lucky as we were straight across for the lobby and could get a connection on our veranda and on occasionally in the room if right by the window. I am guessing 80% of the hotel would only get the wifi at the lobby or in the hotel. Speed was acceptable considering it is Bali. I saw many people using video SKYPE in the lobby and it was working fine.
- Lots of stray cats - but this is Bali
-Staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating.
-Breakfast was fuel and no more. Basic and not too good but not BAD tasting just blah and after two weeks really blah. Orange juice was watered down Mcdonalds juice from what I could tell. Totally good enough to get some energy in the morning but not memorable.
To get to the beach was a small issue. Not a big one but realize you need to cross to the beach past a resort some how. We did it but carrying beach stuff in a shopping bag and acting like we stayed there which usually worked but if you were obvious they kicked you out leaving at least 10 minute walk to the official access street. We like to walk but a couple time if you want to go to the beach for an hour and it takes 10 minutes to get there it when it is essentially across the street it is a bit time consuming. Coming back wee always cut through a resort as they could not tell if you stayed there or not. By the time you go tot the main gate it was pointless for them to kick you out and said nothing.
We did on two mornings hear a lizard in the walls running around but he was not in the room. I think you could have that the Hilton though as it is Bali. Was not an issue for us.
IN summary we enjoyed it and found the location excellent with the exception of beach easy access. Clean, felt safe, good service but nothing fancy. On budget - this a great hotel to consider.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bumas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bumas Hotel Sanur, Bali