“a slice of heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prama Sanur Beach Bali

You added Prama Sanur Beach Bali to your Saves list
Prama Sanur Beach Bali
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Danau Tamblingan P.O. Box 3279, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia (Formerly Sanur Beach Hotel)   |
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
essex
“a slice of heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

this hotel is a truly amazing place to stay i cant say enough nice things about it .
the pool,s are nice and clean the staff are like old friends there English is a lot better than my Balinese and i found the whole place to be friendly and happy . the hotel was nice clean and very comfortable the food in each of the restaurants was delicious and always done just how you asked it to be , nothing was to much trouble . the gym was very well equipped and you didn't seem to wait for equipment, once or twice i did have to wait for treadmill but i think that was due to the time of day i was going to gym . so what i am on hols . one thing i did find a bit of a concern is the traders just outside the hotel on the beach they will try to sell you goods at a very over inflated price when you first get there as they know you are not used to the exchange rate so beware . i found if you wanted to buy something what ever price they came up with it was only normally worth a third so i would offer that if they say no there is another shop just next door selling same thing . but the one thing i can say is they were always friendly even if you don' t buy from them . we had such a great time at this hotel we cant wait to get back there this year . we hope that most of the same staff are there as the are just so nice it was a bit like going into a local at home as all the staff liked to have a laug and a joke with you , they did make it a great holiday . we never seemed to have any problem getting sun beds but then it could be due to the time we went as we were told it was very quiet . still cant wait to get back though the entertanment was realy quite good and we did join in with them a few times .
i would advise anyone that the monkey forest is a good day out but make sure all bags and pockets are sealed as they do get a bit over powering . the Elephant sanctuary is also a great place to go so much to see and do and the waterfall is amazing but it is a long drive away and its all up and down did get a bit travel sick on the way when you get there it is a very long walk to get to it as well lots and lots of steps and stairs .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I recently went to Bali for business and had the unfortunate opportunities to stay at Sanur Beach hotel as the event that i attended was held at that hotel. One thing that I noticed when I checked in to this hotel is how old the rooms are. I definitely felt like time travelling back to the 1980s when I came into the room. It looks and smells like the 1980s. It was dusty and the toilet has that "black spots" of a very old toilet. The acrylic door of the shower also is dirty. And for the price that we paid, the TV is still the old TV, not flat screen, where in Indonesia, for that amount of money that they're charging, TV is usually already the new ones, with flat screen.

I immediately just changed my clothes and then went out the room. When I came back to the room at around 9 pm, the air conditioning was not working very well. It's like it hasn't been turned on in 10 years, the way it smelled stuffy and dusty.

The service was also not good. It was really bad. The staff was not helpful, food quality was poor.

I was locked outside of my room because i was putting the room service plates outside my room, and I went to the reception to get a key and they didn't even asked for ID or asked who the room is registered to. When I mentioned my room number, they just gave me the key straight away. I could have mentioned anyone's room and they would have given me the key!!

And the worst part is that I tripped and fell on the hallway floor because they were mopping the floor but didn't keep it dry and didn't put a "wet floor" sign. So I fell on my knees and it was bruised.

Never again would I recommend ANYONE to stay in this hotel EVER... It has poor quality rooms and very bad service. The worst experience ever staying in this hotel. I will NEVER EVER again stay or recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

The Sanur Beach Hotel was ok. It was clean, staff spoke pretty good English, the pools were nice, the food and drink were reasonable prices. However, this is a large hotel in a great location, it should make the most of it by improving customer services and it's services in general.
I was surprised to be told by reception staff to order my 'breakfast to go" over the phone in my room, that they couldnt do it at the reception desk. I've stayed at hotels where everything the guest asks is done, even if it is not that staff members specific duty.
I was also surprised that I couldnt get a meal beside the pool, or indeed get a meal at 5pm when i was hungry as all of the restarants beside the main one did not serve untill 6pm.
No wonder none of the guests stay at the hotel besides for breakfast, which wasnt that great either. only 2 types of cereal??? not exactly a variety.
I did order the breakfast to go, i ordered 'continental' and got fruit and pastries and coffee. on which planet is that continental?? Not happy Jan.
All in all it was a good base in which to explore Sanur and Bali, but I would stay at another hotel next time to see if I can get a better experience. BTW, the Novotel Nusa Dua was great, and I was always comparing the Sanur Beach to it, the Novotel won hands down in all areas... pity there isnt one in Sanur.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I tend to stay away from the resorty hotel- mainly because of their impersonal nature, however Sanur Beach Hotel was a pleasant surprise with that international feel but personal service. The hotel was 90% occpuied (430 rooms) but there was so many staff that all requests were always handled swiftly and efficiently. The rooms are a little bit dated and the bathrooms could do with a re-vamp - ( we had the Deluxe garden view) however it was all clean and tidy. Breakfast was fabulous with all the international and local dishes- food was plentiful and always quickly replenshed. The hotel has 2 large pools with lots of shade - heaps of lounges both around the pool and at the beach. It was never a problem finding a lounge or day bed. Located perfectly in Sanur- surrounded by a vast array of beach cafes and street restaurants all with great live music each night. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Rooms: spacious if a little faded, bathroom not cleaned after previous guest
Facilities; wonderful scenery, well kept grounds
Food: good but food in village same quality but cheaper: breakfast good but dont go 9-10 as its v. Busy
Dont rely on them for lift from airport as they forget

• Stayed July 2010
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

When booking my hotel I wasn't offered the different types of rooms. I had a Superior room and my friends had a Delux room, which was nicer and bigger.
After checking into my room I had to ask the cleaning service to clean my room again. The floor and chester draws were very dusty. The pillows were stained (no pillow protectors), so I asked for new ones which was no problem. I always check the bed and bedding were ever I am staying. (OCD).
The breakfast (buffet) was very good and the service outstanding.
Only to get a sunbed at the swimming pool and beach good be a problem as some guests are putting their towels on the beds before the pool was opened (9 am).
I visited their hair and beauty salon and I would not recomend this. They were very un-professional and I have put in a complaint the way I was treated. The hotel manager never got back to me with the outsome of his investigation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I agree with the last review on NO SUN BEDS. We had booked for 10 nights and checked out after 5 nights as we find it in possible to get a sun bed each day even though there was empty sun beds with a towel on. A few times my husband removed the towels as we got a bit sick of having to lay on the ground.
Everything else breakfast, the room and staff were wonderful.
We went on last minute deals and got a beautiful suite in Seminyak for our last 5 nights which had a private pool and our very own sun beds.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Prama Sanur Beach Bali? Share your experiences!