I am well aware that everyone's travelling experience will be different, and that each of us has a different perception of what we expect when we travel.
Bumi Ayu bungalows had been suggested to me by a regular visitor to Bali, so I was very disappointed upon arrival. The room I was allocated was, quite frankly, absolutely AWFUL. It was in the old section, the furniture was very old and unappealing, and it had a bad, strong odour. It was a room connected by a flimsy door to the next room, perhaps more suited to a family. There was a gap of 1 and a 1/2 inches under the door and I could hear every noise, every movement of the guest next door. If she had her TV on, I couldn't sleep. If she had her light on, it lit up my room. I did ask to be moved, but nothing else was available. The décor was, well, ghastly. A horrible old large grey print hanging on the wall was the feature. The wall-hung television was so small that I needed binoculars to see it.
The air-conditioner was loud and rattled all night. The kettle in the room took over 10 minutes to boil, and one tea bag and one coffee sachet was provided.
I fought off hordes of mosquitos all night, no spray was provided.
And if I finally did get to sleep, at 7am each morning I was woken by staff pushing laundry trolleys along a path immediately behind my room. Bang. Crash.
The bathroom was a disgrace. It was outdated and smelt.
Bottled water is not provided. Instead a foul tasting water is filled into a jug, presumably for drinking water. No thanks.
Dozens of mangy cats roam the property, a health hazard in itself.
No guest computer is provided, perhaps they don't realise that not everyone chooses to travel with a laptop.
Breakfast was the bare minimum. Not a buffet style, but a choice from the menu, and hardly enough to satisfy even the smallest appetite. Thank God for the Lilla Warung around the corner.
I thought staff were, at best, indifferent, and at worst, unfriendly and inefficient.
Phone calls are charged at outrageous prices.
There are much better properties in the immediate area at a much better rate.
I couldn't get out of there quickly enough.
Oh, and I am still waiting for my 'fruit on arrival'!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows designed in a comfortable Balinese style which is surrounded by beautiful lush tropical gardens. This beach-front bungalow style hotel offers many great modern hotel features, including a large swimming pool with kiddies pool and Pondok Bar, Coffee Shop, and Kubu Restaurant serves up various yum-for-tongue cuisines for both breakfast, luncheon, and dinner.Bumi Ayu Bungalows rooms are designed in bungalow style. All rooms are fully air-conditioned & completed with private living room, IDD phone, refrigerator, safety deposit box, and satellite TV, while the bathroom is equipped with bathtub and shower with hot and cold running waters within.Facilities available: daily laundry and room services, postal service, money-changer, babysitting, medical facilities, parking area, lobby lounge, tour information, and the on-request transports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Bumi Ayu Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Hotel Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Hotel
- Bumi Ayu Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Sanur, Bali