“Loved this unique and elegant hotel...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Klumpu Bali Resort

Save Saved
You added Klumpu Bali Resort to your Saves list
Klumpu Bali Resort
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jalan Kesari 16B | Bali, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Massage Tour Dinner!
Ranked #5 of 84 Sanur B&B and Inns
baguio
“Loved this unique and elegant hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked this hotel via their web site specifically because of its pictures and reviews on trip advisor, plus it's location near enough to the beach. We never got around to going to the beach or exploring the other areas near the hotel, though. Klumpu was so comfortable and restful for us. My two young kids age 8 and 12 totally enjoyed themselves at the pool while their older sister relaxed at the well landscaped gardens. I enjoyed the hotel's elegant and tasteful architecture and decor; it was like staying at a place straight out of Architectural Digest Magazine.

The hotel's plus points don't end there. Their welcome fruit basket was truly generous and included a whole pineapple, a bunch of bananas, as well as other fresh fruits. Their welcome drink and cold towels were refreshing. Aside from the hotel's free breakfast, they also had free afternoon tea which included small but yummy Indonesian rice cakes.

Food at their restaurant had generous portions, tasted good too. Room service was quick.

The loft room we stayed in was very clean, spacious and comfortable. There was a queen bed at the ground floor, 3 beds at the loft area which could be accessed through steep stairs. There was a mini kitchen complete with utensils. Provided were in roof safe, toiletries. Water pressure at the shower was strong and steady. Towels were thick and new. There was also free unlimited drinking water.

Staff was warm, friendly and very helpful. One of the pretty receptionsists lent me her cellphone when I needed to make a call, and even brought her phone to our room when she received a call for me. Telephones in the rooms have yet to be installed.

Of all the hotels in Bali we stayed at (we stayed in 4), Klumpu is the one that brings a sincere smile to my face. At check-out, they gave me a token engraved with their logo and a special greeting. I deeply appreciate this thoughtful and touching memento of this wonderful time we had in Bali.

Room Tip: All the rooms are okay
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review about Klumpu Bali Resort. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our resort. We do our very best to make it an enjoyable stay for our guests. We hope our token has a nice place in your home so you can think back at Klumpu Bali Resort with a smile.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Heerlen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We arrived after a 20 hour flight at 22.00pm. Only a nice man of the nightshift was in the resort and he checked us in. We were told we could use the pool until 22.30pm (so I did!). The car who picked us up was not comparable with the rest of the resort by the way (not comfortable) but the car we rented a day later was very nice. The tour and the driver were very nice. Only the stop for lunch (LA restaurant?) was very 'touristic' but the view was nice.
The pool is big enough to swim laps and there are enough sunbeds. Unfortunately there were 3 families staying with six small children and they were very noisy during the day. Because the sun beds are directly next to the pool (and the children are jumping in the pool) they splashed everything. Children are children so there should be rules and signs at the pool 'no jumping' and 'no climbing on the fountain'. Also a maximum of 2 children or only allow adults in the resort would be a solutions. Luckily we just stayed 2 days but there were other couples staying a lot longer and six children in a small resort is not really a romantic hideaway....
The room (and resort) is very clean, spacious and beautiful designed. We loved the small details in the room: very tasteful! The bathroom looks also very nice but because I am not so tall found the rain-shower to high (low water pressure) and sometimes there was an unpleasant smell in the bathroom. I ordered a glass of the red Balinese house wine (wine is very expensive in Indonesia) and did not liked it at all. The day after I tried a glass of white and another red but all tasted not good. The resort should switch to another brand of wine because this kind of wine dos not matched with this kind of resort ($173 per night). The mattress on the bed is good so we slept very well!
Breakfast is also tasteful and you can choose between Indonesian or Western breakfast. Lunch was also very nice. There are a lot of nice restaurants just around the corner: Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, cheep and expensive. We kept it simple at "the coconut three" and had a typical Indonesian dinner with sate and nice wine.
Overall we had a nice stay at Klumpu and love to go back but the resort has to work at some points to match the concept 'a quiet retreat were all your senses can be pampered'.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your extended review of our resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Klumpu Bali Resort. Unfortunately we did have to use a driver from outside of Klumpu to pick you up, one of our cars has been broken at that time. We recently bought 2 new Daihatsu Luxio Minivans to match the quality of transportation as our resort. Meanwhile we changed our wine list to some imported Australian wines. As you mentioned alcohol is very expensive so we always look for quality to reasonable prices. You are welcome back anytime in the future
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I found this place on tripadvisor and was impressed by the reviews. It is new resort and I believe only opened in April of this year.

I have stayed in Sanur many times and was looking for a small quiet resort slightly away from the beach area where we have previously stayed and I guess a little quieter for me and my wife to relax for a week and this seemed like the perfect place.

I have to say that if I had done my research a little better I would have discovered that of the 13 reviews submitted at the time of my booking and all of these rating excellent by the way. I found that 7 of them were 1st reviews by new tripadvisor reviewers...? a coincidence maybe..?? along with the other reviewers who have mainly rated excellent at the other places they have stayed. So I hope my review helps you in making your choice.
I am sure the more reviews submitted the more accurate the rating of this resort will be.

I booked to stay here July 2013. The communication by e mail was excellent and a pick up from the airport was arranged by a one way shuttle the resort offers. I am always reluctant to say free of charge because the pick up is hidden somewhere in the price.

The Klumpu Bali Resort is not a cheap place to stay by Bali standards. I paid just over $190 per night for a 7 night stay.

This review is based on value for money and comparisons of other places I have stayed in Sanur and Bali.

The location is towards the South end of Sanur just before the Hyatt on the opposite side of the main road up a narrow lane about 100 to 150 metres. The Klumpu is around 15 to 20 minutes stroll to the centre of the hustle and bustle of the Sanur restaurants etc. If you want a good part of Sanur beach to go to the walk is about the same.

The accomodation as you would expect with it being a new resort is very good. This included a large king size bed and a couch plus sink and cooker hob, fridge and wardrobe. The room had air con and a large tv with many cable channels to suit different nationalities.The shower room is separate and has plenty of storage above the double basin areas and underneath the vanities,The room did seem to be quite dark even with all the lights on.
The room also has all water for consumption hot and cold provided. I have not seen this before and is very good by Balinese standards.

The breakfast was fairly typical of the standard breakfasts Bali offers, you know.........eggs any style,bread and various jams plus fruit and ham & cheese slices with fruit juice & bali coffee. I was advised you pay extra for cappuccino etc.when I asked, which was a little annoying. I think unless it's a buffet breakfast most people are a little tired of the same after a week or so.
I was aware that this was the breakfast before I booked so this is not a criticism by any means, just an indication of what to expect.

Afternoon tea and cake is provided every day and the food from room service is very good along with the bar fridge prices which are reasonable..

The pool is landscaped very well and the temperature is perfect for cooling you down slightly.
The tiles on the steps into the pool are a little dangerous and very slippy with no handrail, an accident here is imminent and the separation of the main pool and shallow area are the same tiles and not easily noticeable,This could be a safety concern as you can swim straight into the dividing wall. I think a mark on the top of the surrounding edge indicating the deep and shallow would be a help.

The proximity of the pool to the accommodation is very close for all 8 villas on the resort. This can be a very good or as discovered in our case a major problem. There are no signs around the pool or in the villas asking guests to consider noise at a certain time of the evening and if you have guests that show no consideration for this and for the other people staying at the resort then the villas location to the pool can be major issue as every sound can be heard from the pool in the villa very clearly.
We experienced this one night at around 9.30 pm and I told the people in the pool to be quiet. I have never had to do anything like this ever before. I informed the lady on reception despite the request from my wife not to say anything and the lady agreed they were very noisy. I am sure the other guests on the resort were pleased because it didn't happen again during the week we stayed. A simple sign or notice in the rooms could have prevented this.

I have always found that wherever I have stayed in Bali the staff are always friendly,polite and helpful and the Klumpu is no exception. The service and staff are excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you so so much for taking the time to write this review about your stay at Klumpu. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you also for the various comments and suggestions contained in your review. We take guest feedback seriously, and use the feedback to discuss about further changes which makes our resort even more better.
Herfølge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I´v just spend five days with my family at Klumpu, and it was great villas with free water and wifi, surrounded by an amazing garden. The pool has a good size and was kept clean all day. The staff was very kindly and helpful. The entire area was kept very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello, Thank you for your review. In a tropical climate it is important to drink enough mineral water. That's why we supply free unlimited mineral drinking water during your stay in your villa. Our Wifi has signal everywhere so also inside your villa. I will say thank you to all our other Klumpu staff. You are welcome back anytime in the future.
Koege, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed at Klumpu for 5 days and everything has been perfect.
The houses are clean and very beautiful, with free water and wifi, plus 40 free movies.
The area is breath taking, green and well keept with flowers and statues all around.
The pool is a good size and is keept clean during the day.
The staff members are very friendly and helpfull and speak english.

The main street is not so impressive, there is a lot of good resturants but the shops are all the same.

I really enjoyed my stay at Klumpu and would be happy to come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hello,
We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. You are welcome back anytime in the future. Thank you for the compliments about our staff i will pass the positive comments to them also.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

An exceptional place and immaculate service. We spent 9 days here with our 2 kids aged 6 and 8 and were blown away with what we found. While we were lucky to get an introductory price it was attention to detail throughout that impressed us. The pool was spotless, the garden lights were lit like clockwork, the beds were turned down nightly - no request was too much. The food is excellent and very well priced. The actual building is based on a traditional rice harvesting room but to step inside is to be be presented with 21st century luxury. Beautiful wood work inside and out, large rain shower and double basins, super efficient air con and so on. Minor criticisms can be found, but none worth listing here on balance with all that they do so well. We would definitely return and would be surprised if anyone would be disappointed. The smiling staff seem to enjoy their work and why wouldn't they in these surrounds?

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear mrs Gow, Thank you so so much for taking the time to write this email about your recent stay at Klumpu Bali Resort. Your 2 kids were lovely and we were happy to take care of them. Also we want to thank you for sending the pictures with our staff and your children. You are welcome back anytime and thank you for choosing Klumpu Bali resort during your stay.
Roedovre, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

By far the best decision we made on our journey was to stay at the Klumpu Bali Resort. We stayed at 6 different hotels, fortunately Klumpu was our last one as we would otherwise have been very disappointed of the others (which we untill then found to be very good).

The rooms give the luxurious Bali experience that we wanted, the service was good and the pool was greatly enjoyed by our 1,4 and 8 year old children.

Within short walking distance you have restaurants, the sea and super markets/stores, but at the Klumpu you cannot hear anything except what goes on at the resort. PERFECT.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review and your stay at Klumpu Bali Resort. Unfortunately for the other hotels, they still have to learn the meaning of 'service'. It is also nice to hear your children enjoyed their holiday. Please say hello to everybody in Denmark, and your are welcome back anytime!

Been to Klumpu Bali Resort? Share your experiences!