“Fantastic to say the least” 5 of 5 stars

Semarandana
Jalan Danau Tamblingan 60D, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #18 of 94 Sanur B&B and Inns
Katherine N.T
“Fantastic to say the least”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I was told about this Oasis the second last time that we visited Bali, But unfortunatly we were already booked into another hotel at the time, However on our last visit we were able to secure the suit wich was absolutely fantastic.
So much so that we secured another booking the day we left, who would want to stay anywere else? The rooms are very big and airy, spotlessly clean, the staff are wonderful people and very helpfull, the beach is just across the road, and the shopping is well within walking distance,the brecky is included a bit basic but enough to get you going.I for 1 would not consider staying anywere else. Thanks Guy's see you in April
Vince & Jan Miles..

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Graz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The small hotel has a very favorable location. The sea as well as the night market and possibilities to eat out are easily reachable. The airport pickup worked perfectly. The rooms are grouped around a small swimming pool. Breakfast (local Indonesian or American breakfast) is adequate. Our accommodation (Room Nr. 1 Superior) was large with AC and a fan. The room and the bathroom were kept absolutely clean. Wi-Fi ran at sufficient speed. The staff speaks sufficient English. Special recommendation: Dinner at the night market (delicious local dishes at an unbelievable affordable price).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights during a 3 week holiday, it was great value for money. Driver picked us up from the airport (30/40mins), very friendly staff, excellent service, good breakfast, very clean rooms, comfortable bed, air-con, clean towels, very nice setting and close to main street with restaurants & shops. Close to beach too.
Would highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights here recently in a Superior Room with air con and fan. TV got 2 channels for English (HBO and CNN) plus many Indonesian.

Pot in room to boil hot water was great but no cups or glasses. Not enough plug outlets in room, so when recharging batteries had to unplug either light or tv or refrigerator. No phone. Bedside lights are very dim so not good for reading, but add a nice ambiance.

Comfortable beds and pillows but there were spots on the linens and also on towels. Great water pressure but it never got hot. Had tiny ants on my toothbrush in the morning, so would suggest putting it away! There were some tiny ants and I also had a kind of worm with lots of legs crawling in my bedroom, but easy to take out.

Air con was not very powerful but it was enough to keep cool combined with the fan. There was a wooden wardrobe for clothes and only 4 hangers provided. One draw had a key so you could lock it and there was also a room safe but instructions were all in Indonesian language.

One of my towels was very musty smelling. After cleaning my room they only left me with half a roll of toilet paper so I had to ask for another roll. ( there were 2 rolls when I arrived)

Breakfast was from 7-10am. Standard continental or an American style with eggs/ omelette and coffee or juice. Average compared to other places. And my first day the guy made a tiny omelette (1 egg?) compared to the normal size one I got the 2nd day when another guy made it!! Appreciated being able to substitute fried rice for the toast one day.

Staff----in general I found the older staff much more friendly and helpful. I was traveling alone and some younger male staff asked if I was alone. Returning to my room at night, I passed reception and said goodnight to the two younger guys on duty. One returned my greeting and the other just stared. After I got to my door but was still within earshot, I heard the guy that had just stared mocking me which I didn't appreciate. The younger guys need to work on their customer service skills. They have one guy there who has a ponytail and is their driver who was very friendly and helpful.

Pool is more for kids or a quick cool off. There were 4 lounge chairs but its all right next to the reception, so no privacy. You can rent chairs at the beach for around 50,000 or can find resorts and cafes to use chairs and/or pool if you spend a certain amount on food or drinks. Or put a towel down on the sand for free!

Location is great-- just walk down the narrow lane to the main road--- cross the street and cut through that resort to get to the beach(5minutes) or if you turn right on the main road Hardy's ( big supermarket/department type store) is about a 10--15 min walk.
Also a nice spa across the main road (next to the Circle K) called Cosmos that was nice too. Many cafes and shops in both directions on the main road.

Compared to other places you can get just as nice for a little cheaper price but overall I enjoyed it and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Am putting in this review based on the fact that there was no response despite numerous emails sent through their website address. Was keen to try out the place due to the good reviews here and after looking at their website. As they are new, one would think that they would be happy to have inquiries and respond even if they were full. Would have been good for future stays but not if they can't even be bothered to track their mails and respond.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kaikoura, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had to find accommodation for our last night in Bali due to a cancellation. I found this place down a long drive off the Main Street. Great position close to shops and the beach. Fabulous room very modern and rooms face out over the pool. friendly staff. Quiet resort. Got up too early to have the breakfast, would highly recommend couldn't, believe the price!

Room Tip: All rooms looked good