“Truly an AMAZING experience..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali

You added Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali to your Saves list
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kusuma Sari No. 8 | Sanur Beach, Bali, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80227, Indonesia (Formerly Regent Sanur)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alice Springs, Australia
“Truly an AMAZING experience..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's hard to know quite where to start..

This hotel is outstanding on every level..

I have been home a week and still talking and thinking about this diamond in Sanur..

Do yourself the honest pleasure of staying there..

Yoga at 6.30 each morning, beach side, a cardio work out in a great gym followed by a swim and organic, 5 star food is every athlete - health conscious dream.. I loved it so much I am thinking of having my wedding here.

The day spa is to die for and there is simply not enough words in the English vocabulary to describe the staff.. You guys are amazing..

24hr butler service.. There was not one single thing that was to much trouble for the team at the Regent. Jamal, Rene, Julie, Eko and Esa... You guys know what I think of you all. This was up there with the best holiday I have ever had and I have travelled to many destinations and can't wait to come back..

All I can do is thank you from the bottom of my heart (to you all, all my girls and guys at brekkie and the day spa).

Honestly, I did not want to write this post simply for the fact that I wanted it to stay a hidden treasure..

However you all deserve every accolade and the amazing clientele that will walk through your doors.

Warmest Regards,

Katie Burt.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Regent Guest Katie B, Alice Springs, Australia

Thank you so much for the truly lovely and gracious review of your recent stay here at the Regent Bali. It is indeed a joy to read your comments. I have shared the comments with my team and they all appreciate the recognition. Thank you.

Looking forward to your next visit to Bali and the Regent.

Jamal Hussain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. It won't let me pick September 2013, so I had to select Jan this year as our travel date but we went as part of our honeymoon in September 2013. Just getting round to my reviews now.
The location was perfect. The staff were amazing and very friendly. Also liked that after a few days they knew me by name.
Only a small point of dissatisfaction but it was a real sticking point: we are well traveled and always stay 5 star. We also like to book hotels that offer Executive services, such as Executive floors, lounge access, which normally includes afternoon tea and evening canapes and cocktails, etc.
Reading about the hotel prior to our visit,one of the reasons I picked the Regent was due to it saying cocktails and canapes were served in the afternoon/evening.
I must say we were very disappointed when we were given the smallest single plate of six canapes to share. That was it. No more offered and nothing laid out to go back and have a few more. Also, it wasn't very appealing anyway.
And the cocktails? Well buy 1 and get one free.
I think you should re-think this policy. This is the first 5 star place I've stayed where there wasn't a spread of food provided. Normally cocktail hour is 5pm-7pm. This includes food and also drinks. Wines, beers, cocktails. This is INCLUDED in the price you've already paid. Considering how much each room is per night at the Regent, I think you can afford to pamper your guests a little with a few free drinks and some nice food. If other major brands such as Novotel, Sofitel and Pullman hotels, and also Shangri-la hotels we've stayed in can offer this service, I am not sure why you do not.
Given the choice of staying with you again, and a similar hotel that offered this service for a few hours of an evening, I would like you to know I would pick: The other hotel.
Food for thought anyway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Regent guest, OzzieMuse, Sydney, Australia

Thank you for sharing your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am terribly sorry that you were dissappointed with the cocktail experience but at the same time was thankful to read that besides that all else went well with your stay. I have already instructed the F&B Manager and the Chef to look into the cocktail menu with improvements in mind.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write these comments - we truly appreciate it.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in Regent, Sanur, 26.12.13-01.01.2014. This excellent hotel is very well located, has a breath-taking beautiful design, very nice suites and top-level swimming pool. The food is fantastic and the fiendliness of the staff and the quality of service are beyond highest expectations.

Room Tip: we liked the garden view rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Regent guest MikhailNikolaev Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland

Thank you for very kind and gracious review of the Regent Bali regarding your recent stay. I have shared your comments with the associates and they were delighted to know that their services have been recognized.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Regent Bali.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I'm a little late in writing this review but I wanted to make sure I got round to it eventually.
We were visiting Bali for the first time in Nov 2013 and at the time of booking the hotel, we had not taken up the offer of an airport pick-up. It wasn't until we were about to board our flight from Singapore that we decided perhaps a pick up would be a good idea. We're so happy we did.

A smartly uniform dressed rep from the Regent Bali was there to greet us as soon as we arrived. There were actually a couple of options of car available, one being a Rolls Royce - however, we thought that was a little over budget and unnecessary (on this occasion anyway!). The vehicle we were picked up in was fully AC'd and even had wifi available. Small but memorable touches also included cold towels and cold bottled water. It was approx 30 mins drive from the airport. We arrived in the evening and upon arrival at the hotel, we were pleasantly greeted by our butler who knew our names! The duty manager also came to welcome us with a refreshing ice cold drink. We were shown round the hotel grounds, which are stunning in the day and night. Our butler showed us to our huge room and encouraged us to use the butler service at any time we wished.

Our room was truly amazing. We booked into one of the Premier Suites and they are very large. You can see the layout of the rooms/suites available on their website. The AC automatically turns off and on when you close the veranda door. The mini bar which contains a variety of soft drinks was completely complimentary and restocked on a daily basis. You also get a plate of fresh fruit in your room each day. We were lucky to have mangosteen, bananas, and salaks. All YUM!
You are awoken with the soothing sounds of the gamelan in the mornings. It's like waking up in paradise.
There was also a Bose sound system with iPod docks in the room. Unfortunately, the speakers in the bathroom did not work. This is a a very minor complaint overall as you can still hear the music playing from the room itself when you're in the bathroom.

Our booking included breakfast and there was an extensive variety available, from western to eastern cuisines. There is also a small menu for 'cooked to order' breakfasts.

The Regent has a decent 50m infinity pool where again the staff are very attentive with towels, cold water, face mists - all inclusive. The hotel backs onto the beach. I'm sure there are much nicer beaches in Bali, but it wasn't bad at all.
There is a decent sized and equipped gym onsite which we used a couple of times. Most of the times, we were the only ones in there.
There is also a large library room in the grounds which I think would be a welcome sanctuary for anyone who just needs a little peace and quiet.

Overall I cannot find fault with this hotel and it is definitely one of the best I have ever stayed in, in regards, of the property itself is set in beautiful grounds, the staff are very friendly, attentive and very helpful. It is fairly new (not even a year old) and I hope they continue the great service. It definitely made our first experience in Bali, truly unforgettable.

Room Tip: Opt for a room that faces the gardens. The flame lit garden is gorgeous in the evenings!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Regent guest dimples1976, london,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at Regent Bali.
I am happy to read that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the facilities and the services provided.

We all look forward to welcome you back to Regent Bali.

General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have loved our stay at the Regent Hotel. More than anything, we have loved the level of personal service and we have felt that the staff went way beyond the call of duty to ensure we had a wonderful experience. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experiences in all of the restaurants, the happy hour cocktails and delicious canapés are an absolute MUST!

Wirama the Guest Service Manager arranged for us to have a family cooking lesson with the chef in one of the gorgeous restaurants, it was amazing! The trouble that the chef had gone to was outstanding, there was a tantalizing display of gorgeous fresh produce, spices and herbs. The lesson was hands on, very informative and great fun! We then moved onto the bar tending course - brilliant too, thanks to I Nyoman Suweca, restaurant Manager for his kind hospitality.

The other stand-out area for me was the amazing spa! This is an absolute must! I had a divine 3 hour head to toe pampering session one morning whilst it was pouring with rain outside - heaven!

We were fortunate to be at the Regent for New Years Eve, we had an amazing five course dinner at the poolside restaurant, there was a fabulous firework display until midnight and dancing until 2.00am, the atmosphere was electric, with all the guests mingling and dancing together, the staff were all brilliant too that night, it was like one huge family, the first New Years Eve for the Regent, a great success. On NYE we met Ni Luh Sukresni, who is the Manager for security and safety, an utterly charming woman who made us feel very welcome and ensured we were very well looked after, the next day when we arrived back to our room she had sent us a beautiful handwritten note and presented us with a lovely framed family photo of our evening - we were truly touched.

Jamal the GM is a fabulous character, so warm, friendly and accommodating, he runs a tight ship, and we wish him and his team all the best for the future.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Regent Guest 5starforme, London, United Kingdom,

Thank you for the very complimenting comments on your recent stay at Regent Bali. I am very happy to read that you had a great time and enjoyed the facilities and the services provided. Thank you too for the flattering comments on our staff and especially the ones you even mentioned by name. I shall be sharing this with them this morning and I am sure that they will be very happy too.

Looking for to welcome you again to Regent Bali.

Best regards,
General Manager.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The regent was a great place to stay with a very lovely spa. The staff were very friendly and the pool was brilliant. If you want a beautiful view of the ocean I suggest you stay on the 3rd or 4th level. The beach is nice to walk along but not really to swim in. But the pool on the beachfront makes up for that. The only bad thing is the price of the food but the quality is brilliant.
Thank you to all of the staff at the Regent for being so lovely and friendly it really made a pleasurable experience and a lovely holiday!

Room Tip: Higher levels for beautiful ocean views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Regent guest, John W Kelmscott, Australia,
Thank you for posting your comments of you stay here at Regent Bali. We are very happy to read that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Regent Bali in the not too distant future.
Jamal HUssain
washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

As a disclaimer, I have made my points well and clear to the GM and his assistant upon my departure. We have never left a hotel or resort as livid and angry as this stay at the Regent Bali.

My partner and I fell in love with the Samaya Ubud and Seminyak when we first visited Bali in 2012; the settings and resorts were magical. Based on the positive tripadvisor reviews and prompt communication from the GM, we decided to celebrate a special occasion here. It was truly regrettable. We were here to celebrate our 12th anniversary, and the passage of marriage equality law in Washington state.

The Denpasar Airport has since built a new arrival hall and obtaining visa proceeded much quicker; our driver was waiting when we exited. The drive to Sanur was about 25 minutes and stress free. We were greeted promptly by our butler and night manager; of course, handing over our visa card was the foremost importance during the check in formality.

Our premier suite ocean room was spacious with large bathroom. A plus was the larger size L'Occitane toiletry. The room had a nice lanai, but had extremely limited ocean view. I guess if you can look over the large banyan tree and over the restaurant and pool, you can see the ocean in the horizon. Water temperature was inconsistent as it fluctuated between scalding hot to luke warm in a flash. Electronics and electricity were also inconsistent: television would turn on spontaneously at 200 A.M., and the lights would not turn off. Calls to the front desk were answered with disdained. House keeping and turn down services were inconsistent: toiletries and drinks were refreshed intermittently, and staff show up at various times. During our stay, there was adjacent construction and this made siesta quite difficult.

Much to our delight was the morning muffins and coffee that were served; our butler promptly brought it at 700A.M. The breakfast was adequate and hot selections included sweet cakes to Asian noodle dishes. Servers were overwhelmed, especially by groups of toddlers and children that loudly announced diaper change, in smack middle of the restaurant. We were given cold towels and butter only on certain days. Despite being residence for a week, none of the staff recognized us or remembered our drink preferences. Keep in mind, the hotel was only at 40% occupancy, max. The afternoon happy hour was a scam; it advertised two for one drinks, but we were not informed that only certain drinks qualified. 36 USD for two diluted dirty martinis, really?

We were also given difficulties about changing U.S. dollars into the local currency. Excuses include: no bills over 20 USD; it has to be mark free; it has to be post 2006. Why couldn't these folks simply tell us that they don't change currencies, instead of making us run back and forth to our room. The straw that broke the camel's back was insisting us paying for a malfunctioning electric votive on check out. Of course, this was met with resistance and I not so politely informed the management to take a flying leap to a really warm place.

What did we like about the Regent Bali; the great big banyan tree in the court yard, the hard working butler, and the sleeping Sanur Beach. Sanur has the innocence of Koh Samui about 25 years ago. The locals are full of smiles, nothing is opulent and all is tranquil.

My first exposure to the Regent brand was in Taipei; Lady Gaga stayed overnight, and what was good for the diva was good for us. Apparently not, and we will never use the Regent brand again.

It took me months to decide on writing this review and I will try to end on some positive note regarding this hotel. If you are looking for something on par with the Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons or the Samaya; keep on looking, this is not the place by a long shot. However, this would be great for large families, fighting children and crying toddlers. The staff will bend over backwards and cuddle your every need.

In conclusion, all the malfunctions at the Regent Bali was excused by the management as soft opening hiccups. However, I have been to soft openings including the Le Meridien Bangkok, and it was smooth as silk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Regent Guest, panam747 washington,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Regent Bali. I have taken note of both the positives and the "not so positive"comments. I apologize unreservedly that we were not able to meet your expectations in all areas and for the shortfalls experienced. We will learn from these shortfalls and put in efforts / training to step up to the right standards.
Once again my unreservered apologies and we hope that you will allow us a second chance to be your hosts in the future.
Jamal Hussain

Been to Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali? Share your experiences!