“Family friendly or just with friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Griya Santrian

You added Griya Santrian to your Saves list
Griya Santrian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Danau Tamblingan 47 | PO Box 3055, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #13 of 68 Hotels in Sanur
Melbourne, Australia
“Family friendly or just with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

There were 11 family and friends staying for 10-15 days. Despite some interference from the construction works occurring until Dec we were comfortable and well looked after. The grandchildren enjoyed themselves in the pool every day. Accomodation was excellent and to the standard we have come to expect for the rates we paid. Some points of annoyance were: smoking permitted in areas where food is served and children congregate, food ordered at the pool bar cannot be eaten at the pool bar( not an issue) but swimmers are blatantly allowed in the pool with glass bottles of beer and cocktail glasses( how dangerous is that), the pool steps were quite slippery and many falls were witnessed. The matter was reported to reception and the problem was corrected by placing a slippery surface sign next to the steps. ( better effort in cleaning would have been a more satisfactory approach) Overall we had a wonderful holiday (again) we find the resort very pleasant and enticing. We will be back many times to come and recommend GS very highly

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Indonesian first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed for 12 nights with my partner in June 2013 ... wished we could have stayed for much longer. We agree with all of the positive comments and, even though I'm very picky, I cannot find anything to complain about! The room was very good and clean and was serviced every day. Hotel gardens are attractive and well-maintained.The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is pretty much in the middle of the pathway that runs the full length of Sanur beach and is only a matter of a minutes walk from the many cafes and restaurants on both the beach and the main drag through Sanur. I have to say that, unlike some other reviewers, we had no difficulties with finding non-Indonesian TV stations. As has been mentioned elsewhere there are plenty of drivers just outside the hotel who, at reasonable rates, will take you wherever you want to go - we had trips to Ubud, Kintamani & Penelokan as well as to the Bali Bird/Reptile Parks, as well as shorter trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the GS for 7 days in May 2013 with our 2 year old child and I agree largely with all of the reviews below regarding the quality of the location, the friendliness of the people, the relaxed atmosphere and the general cleanliness of the surrounding beach and area, which is thankfully unlike the horrible pollution on the Kuta, Seminyak side of the island. However, here are some of the things that GS needs to improve on to be an amazing resort:
1. If people who are staying at your resort attend your restaurant for a meal with a small child, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to ensure that you serve that family first to avoid the child disrupting everyone else's meal. Taking more than 45 minutes to serve two pizzas to a family with a hungry child is poor form.
2. Spray your rooms, or at least check for mites or other little biters, because despite staying comfortably for the 7 days, my entire family and I came back from Bali with welting bites, which I assume were from bugs in the beds or sheets.
3. If you provide a tall crib for a baby, make sure that it has equally tall sides. Young children do not stay in cribs that they are able to climb out of, for long. This was quite a dangerous situation.
4. Your visitors will seldom speak Indonesian. Why have 40-odd channels of television entirely with Indonesian content and language when most of your visitors come from overseas? Even some sub-titles would have made them bearable, but no.

Get these kinds of little things right, GS and you go from good to great.

Cheers

Room Tip: Spray your rooms and beds before you sleep in them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Griya santrian is a nice hotel, with a great view to the beach ! Very nice fore relaxing, room quite big, unfortunately the food just so so and the cocktails not good.
Would suggest them to put a music on pool bar ! And learn to make nice cocktails. That would be awesome !

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two weeks from the 8th June for our honeymoon and we loved it. The resort is beautiful, the service first class and the people warm and welcoming. We would definitely come back here. Also, we met plenty of great people and made new friends.

• Stayed June 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights & it was beautiful - The room was great, clean fresh linen & towels, the people were very obliging & the food was fantastic. Our room was cleaned thoroughly every day without any inconvenience to us. The hotel was situated within easy walking distance to the local cafes & restaurants but after exploring these we spent much of our time relaxing at the resort & eating at the hotel. The food was fresh and tasty - the service was A1 !! what more could you ask for with drivers as the door to take you out on trips whenever you wanted - I for one will go back! Kathy H

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice already first in a Santrian Suite with my husband and secondly in a garden wing room by myself. The Suite was large with an enormous bed, a sofa, coffee table, coffee making facilities and a mini bar fridge that is perfect for chilling milk or water. It had a separate dressing area and a large bathroom with both bath and walk in shower.
The garden wing room was in my opinion too small for a couple but fine as I was alone. There was nowhere apart from the bed to sit inside the room. It had a walk in shower and offered the same mini fridge and tea making facilities as the suite. It was clean and provided comfort but I generally like a little more space.
The hotel grounds are exquisite with lawned areas sprinkled with stone Balinese Sculpture. There are 3 crystal clear swimming pools catering for all needs, a beach pool overlooking, you guessed it the beach, with sunken bar, and two smaller quiet pools. Swimming alone in the beach pool with the sunlight glistening on the water is an experience not to be missed.
The breakfast is good with cereals, fruit, selection of breads and cakes, cooked meats and cheeses and if you prefer something for the cooked range. This is served in a pavilion overlooking the beach.
Now for some of you only having internet connection in the communal areas may be off putting but I found it great because when I travelled alone I did not sit in my room alone talking to relatives and secondly when I was travelling with my husband it got him out of the room when he had to work.
The resort itself is relatively bug free as it is fumigated once a week I am not saying there are no mosquitos just a lot less than if it had not been sprayed.
We booked for the hotel transfer taxi to collect us from the airport as it meant no queueing for a taxi at the hot, mosquito infested, crowded airport. It may cost slightly more but it is worth it knowing that the driver knows exactly where it is you are going.
There is a cycle path that runs along the beach I am not sure how long it is but I rode along it for one hour before turning back and I could have carried on. The hotel also has bikes to hire at approx. $3.5 USA for 8 hours.
The spa treatments are very reasonably priced and I definitely recommend having a treatment in the spa pavilion.
The hotel is located on the main road meaning that once you leave the grounds there are all the amenities you need within close proximity a chemist, mini market, a few souvenir shops, restaurants and bars etc.

Room Tip: Either book the deluxe rooms or the suites if you like a bit more space.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple