“Awesome place to relax.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Griya Santrian

Save Saved
You added Griya Santrian to your Saves list
Griya Santrian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Danau Tamblingan 47 | PO Box 3055, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #9 of 63 hotels in Sanur
Canberra, Australia
“Awesome place to relax.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It'smy husband and I first trip to Bali, and our friend who leaves here suggested that we should stay in Sanur for a couple of days before staying with them, so i search in the Internet for a place and stumble on this place, at first we thought its a bit expensive but we book it any way.
upon arriving the reception was very courteous and accommodating, they even gave us some cold tea as a welcome drink,fantastic sevice after traveling on a hot day, that's five star service. check in was a breeze....the room was massive with a king bed.
I work in hospitality as well, and being and executive Housekeeper in Canberra, eye for details is my expertised. Cleanness was good, if I have to pick things its just a few dust around the tissue box and mold around the shower started to show. if you put bleach around the shower and scrub it well with a brash you will have a nice clean bathroom. But the bed making on the other hand, wow, wow. immaculate perfect hospital corner!!!! and all the room attendant are so polite... Well done Housekeeping keep up the good work. Suggestion for the supervisor or manager.. invest a small clothes airier for our swimmers to dry with....
The restaurant area on the other hand... is second to none......from the chef to the floor staff nothing to say except well done guys...my husband and I was so impressed by the serviced we have received. it was that good that we decided to stay another 2 nights. Thank you guys for making our stay a memorable one. We hope to go back there one day....

over all it was "awesome" from the reception to the gardener you all made our stay a memorable one..

Room Tip: Beach side is very nice....

784 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Indonesian first
avalon beach nsw Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had never stayed at Sanur before but were drawn by the great reviews on TA and white sandy beaches. We were not disappointed. Checkin was easy and we were made to feel very welcome. The santrian suites were beautiful,clean and large. There were 3 of us sharing and there was plenty of room. My tip would be to ask for the upstairs suites as I think they are marginally more private and great for squirrel watching. We had interconnecting rooms with other friends which was convenient. Others in our group were in the standard rooms and whilst not as nice they still represented good value for money. Breakfast was included and our package and whilst not up there with the Sheraton Hotels it was plentiful. We ate several times on the beach and the food was good and the position priceless. Our group enjoyed several reflexology massages from Nyoman that my sister rates as her best ever and she is the queen of reflexology! The staff, grounds and location are up there with the best hotels I have stayed at and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

There are also many great restaurants in the area so do your research so you experience them. We loved Cinnamon, Warung Pregia and the Porch Cafe for coffee and lunch.

There is a great spa next door at the entrance of the Hotel. Beside the Wicked Parrot. Cheap clean and professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights for our anniversary and found it to be everything we hoped.
We booked a standard garden room and were upgraded to the Santrian Suite on arrival - the suite was huge with an amazing bathroom!
Service was fantastic and all staff were very welcoming.
The grounds are perfect and pools are great.
Food was delicious. Would definitely recommend having the seafood BBQ on the beach, its a perfect setting with live music and the food was amazing!
Would stay here again and again!

Room Tip: If your traveling as a family, would recommend the garden wing rooms - there's a lovely garden p...
wollongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just returned from Bali. In Sanur stayed at Griya Santrian, my third time at this hotel. Griya Santrian is beautifully situated, and most of the positive things reviewers report are true. However some unpleasant things need to be reported. Even though my accommodation was fully paid up several months ahead of my trip, on arrival at Griya Santrian I was aked for a 400.000 Rp up front payment, approx $A40.00. They didn't just want to swipe my credit card in case of extra costs, they demanded 400.000 Rp then and there. This is not stated in any of their advertising, and neither I nor my travel agent was informed of this ahead of time. This is nasty and dodgy, and at home I would have refused to pay. On arrival Griya Santrian is putting their hands in the customers wallet and taking money for nothing! When I refused them taking the money from my credit card, I was asked for cash. Normally I am an assertive person, but the receptionist who was quite young, and with limited English, couldn't understand why I was objecting, and just kept saying it was hotel policy. In the end I handed over 400.000 Rp in cash. When I was checking out I noticed the draw where my money was kept was full of similar envelopes containing customers cash. Why?! Clearly Griya Santrian is hoping to increase their immediate cash flow by accessing customers money, also I think they are trying to keep customers money in house, rather than it escaping to the street. There are many excellent restaurants, bars, and cafes nearby, in comparison the food and service at Griya Santrian is dull, and slow, and beach bbq not worth it. However Griya Santrian has a wonderful actually sublime outlook, and I would have, and did, spend the money anyway, just to sit and look at the view. Another thing I didn't like was that a group of local children came by with their Barong wanting to perfom to raise some money. I was reaching into my purse, and looking forward to their little performance, when security guards moved them on! Bad form Griya Santrian. And I thought one of the good things about Griya Santrian is that it is owned by Balinese. I would rather give the kids the 400.000 Rp than you. The other thing I didn't like was mossies in my room, and no fans in reception. I don't know how the staff cope, the heat was oppressive. I expect staff to be cared for. Also please clean the disgusting cigarette butts off the beach. I was very cranky, but even so, I will go again. Paradise is worth being cranky over.

Room Tip: Have 400.000 Rp in cash, and don't let them take it out of your credit card.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travelled alone (with some trepidation) but the staff at the Griya Santrian were so friendly and obliging - I was also apparently upgraded. I had a glorious suite/room close to the beach - it was gorgeous. The staff were extremely helpful, the nearby beach beautiful, bit of a routine obtaining a beach towel and securing a lounge on the beach before breakfast. Once that is done it seems to be an honour system and no-one takes your beach position. Lovely boardwalk circling the area for long walks - evenings best before 6.30 get dark after that. Would recommend the Griya Santrian to anyone wanting to go to Bali fora lovely village (upmarket) atmosphere without the usual hasslers trying to sell you objects etc. Nice massages to be had. Hope to return next year

Room Tip: Try one of the newer bungalows i.e. room 115 was great close to the beach and pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just returned from Bali. Horrible 7 days in Kuta 4* hotel deluxe room, then arrived at the Griya Santrian. From the moment we walked in, the staff, the hotel, absolutely everything - what a massive difference. We stayed in a deluxe, room 215, and it was beautiful. I have stayed at this hotel 5 times, both in deluxe and garden rooms and have thoroughly enjoyed it every time. I have stayed at many other hotels in Bali, but would have to say the Griya Santrian is THE BEST!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks in October with our 3 children. We had a suite these are large interconnecting rooms, very clean, serviced daily, huge shower and big bath, tv and DVD player. Perfect for families not cheap but worth every cent. This Hotel has the best location with a safe swimming beach and 3 pools - no kids club but our kids were happy enough and made friends. Service good and meals good. In the evening we ventured down the street to have dinner and never had to walk far. Definitely the best hotel and location in Sanur. Close to Hardys and shops. We felt very safe and secure - well guarded hotel! Recommend to all families.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Griya Santrian? Share your experiences!