“Yummy sashimi!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 256 Restaurants in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Mezzanine Restaurant offers a fine dining experience with a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine. The Mezzanine now offers a cosmopolitan menu that will please the most discerning palate. You may select from western, Thai and Japanese dishes (tepanyaki, sushi)
“Yummy sashimi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my dinner here last night - huge menu to select from can be rather daunting - but something for everyone. I went for Japanese and had some of the best sashimi I've ever had - and pretty to look at too! Then some beef which wa cooked to my preference of rare to medium - three lovely dipping sauces. Enjoyed would recommend !

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Adelaide, Australia
“Not what I was expecting.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'll be perfectly honest. It's a very nice looking restaurant from the street with beautiful lanterns hanging from a large tree and has a definite 'fine dining' feel to the place.
The menu looked good, but wasn't cheap and the waitstaff on arrival were welcoming and seemed professional.
I must admit that expectations were high.
From then on, things went downhill a bit. Whilst some on our table really liked their meals, others didn't.
To begin with they only had Bali Hai beer (no Bintang at all) so for the first time ever in Bali, I drank water at dinner in a restaurant. Wines were ridiculously expensive.
My cream of potato soup (with truffle oil) had no hint of truffle at all. When I mentioned this they proceeded to bring a side bowl of oil for me to add which didn't smell or taste remotely of truffles.
My red curry of duck was average to say the least. Quite fatty and not enough flavours.
I didn't bother with dessert.
Service was kind of indifferent. Numerous times I had to ask twice for things and generally I thought they were a bit aloof. Certainly not what I would call Balinese hospitality.
Had my final bill been half the price I wouldn't have been bothered, but for the most expensive meal in our 6 nights in Sanur I was expecting more.
Probably wouldn't return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Happened to stumble upon this restaurant accidently as we were looking for Fortune Cookie and I have since found out I had the wrong street! But I am so glad we didn't make it to Fortune Cookie. Loved the staff, so friendly, helpful, and polite. Was given a table for two straight away, given plenty of time to decide upon menu. We were not disappointed, I ordered just an entrée so I could make room for dessert, and entrée was plenty as we were served bread rolls and a tiny spring roll and greeted with a fresh drink and cool face towel. Dessert was amazing...staff went out of their way to impress us and we made a booking for the next night and took our friends their all 7 of us...so hoping they will not be disappointed....would highly reconmend

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“Amazing food with great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a sashimi platter and seafood trio dish which were both delicious. For dessert we had the toberlone and creme brulee which again were both fantastic. We enjoyed our first meal here we came back again. For our second meal we both had steaks from the grill which did not disappoint, my steak was slightly undercooked but they re-grilled it and and the flavour was amazing. They also mixed up our vegetables but the food was delicious. Had creme brulee again for a second time and was just as amazing as the first meal.

Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Was hopping to give 10 out of 10”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Spotted the night before and looks really great.
Did not realise it was part of a major hotel resort but that was ok.
Atmoshere very good, tables nicely set up and no crowded, ceiling fan overhead. Service level very good. Prices ok but a little pricey but could justify . nice cooling juice on arrival.
May sound very critical but i was really expecting the perfect night....anyway they brought my main with the entree and then "kept it warm" untill I was ready and I ordered "Herbed rack of lamb" and i got 3 smallish lamb cuttlets which appeared to have been cooked seperately and now a little dry. Ok call me fussy but i was looking foreward to my rack !!!! when is a rack not a rack !!
Anyway wife Pasta was really good..i tried some too yum.

• Visited February 2013