This hotel is not one of a chain. It is small, individual, unique. We have never met such friendly efficient staff in any other hotel, and never been treated so well in any hotel we have ever stayed in previously.
Yes, some of the rooms need a little updating, but the whole character and atmosphere of the place is peaceful, relaxing and utterly charming.
The food is excellent, and the individual bungalows with outside showers and seating areas are an absolute joy to stay in. The private beach in front of the hotel is clean and the sunbeds comfortable. A little oasis away from the busy noisy streets of Sanur. Many of the guests were on repeat visits and we can understand why!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tandjung Sari was opened in 1962 and began as an extension of the family home of Indonesian proprietor Wija Wawo-Runtu. The hotel was named Tandjung Sari (cape of flowers) and initially developed as Bali's very first boutique property to be managed as a small family business catering to the needs of a privileged clientele. The scale of the entire complex was purposely kept low rise and the articulation of space together with the rambling indirectness of the path ways has generated a relaxed, leisurely pace. Operational for nearly half of a century, Tandjung Sari showcases an eclectic collection of rare Balinese and Dutch colonial artifacts as a tribute to the glorious past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Tandjung Sari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tandjung Sari Hotel Sanur
- Tandjung Sari Sanur, Bali