“Serenity and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tamukami Hotel

You added Tamukami Hotel to your Saves list
Tamukami Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Danau Tamblingan 64X | Denpasar - Bali, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alice Springs, Australia
“Serenity and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was a beautiful serene small resort. The food was lovely, our breakfast was included in our accommodation and we felt it was private but accessible to everything. A 2 min walk across the road to the beach front. The staff had great English and superb customer service. The pool was nice and the rooms were nice too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just back from a 8 night stay at the Tamukami Hotel Sanur. Loved our stay there.
Small, Quiet, Clean and with the most beautiful pool area, in a lush tropical garden setting.. Walking distance to everything.
Rooms large and very clean, bathrooms also very clean and spacious ( tiles may be a bit outdated in style - but this had nothing to do with the overall cleanliness). Owners live onsite, but not at all intrusive, and appeared to treated staff as extended family - it was very nice to see happy staff enjoying their work. Would definitely return again. But would love to see tea/ coffee making facilities included in room, as we are early morning people, and love a early morning coffee. Has a very nice restaurant onsite- very popular in the evening, with live music
///// - Its a ten minute walk from the night markets - 10,000rp for a meal! Clean and highly recommended. You see the food prepared in front of you.

Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have always planned to stay in Sanur but this was the first time. We were on a budget so were looking for something reasonable but nice. I used Trip Advisor to search and this hotel seemed the best option and we were not disappointed. It is good value for money in my opinion, granted a bit dated but the rooms are spacious and kept clean so what more can one ask for or expect? I liked the pool area and the garden surrounds and I have copious pictures of the flora to prove it! The hotel is off the main road but very quiet and peaceful and it really grows on you. The owners live on the premises and are sociable. I think perhaps they keep a sharp eye on the place as well. The breakfast is a la carte and yes the choice is limited kinda how do you want your eggs done. But it really is enough with juice, eggs, a bit of bacon, toast, and a pastry. And a plate of fruit to start and if you want you can go Indonesian and have the rice which I did on a couple of days. No problem there. At night the restaurant has set menus or a la carte. We tried one of the set menus on the Tuesday night when they had a trio playing music with a singer and a great night was had by all singing along to favourites that you can choose. The first room we had was room 408 which was upstairs overlooking the pool. Large room, bed was comfy and separate shower in en suite. Good size balcony, air con worked well. Downside would be no safe box and no tea, coffee facilities but wasn't really a big deal. Most times we were out anyway. The door in the wardrobe had a lock so we used that. When I say the first room I mean we decided to come back to this hotel later in the holiday and we did and changed to a ground floor cottage only to save the stairs!! Perfect for us and as it was a bit more expensive there was tea,coffee facilities all good. So all round I would say we would go back to the Tamukami because we really liked it but if you like all modern, everything at your fingertips type hotel then this would probably not cut it for you...it is a 3 star rated after all and generally you only get what you pay for. But there is a lot going for this friendly well located hotel. And here's a tip...if you have heavy luggage leave it at the bottom of the stairs at reception and save having to lug it back down after you have checked in.
And I will tell you a funny story: when we arrived we were walking up the driveway with our luggage and an elderly man was walking as well. My partner said to him "Do you stay here" and the man said "yes I do" My partner said "is it any good here" and the man said " I think it is" oh yes you've guessed it...it was the owner out for his walk he might be a bit biased...

Moruya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just stayed here for a week on our first time over in Sanur. This is a 3 star hotel (Australian equivalent) with the rooms starting to show their age and needing a refurbishment soon. (The bathroom is one area that this is especially obvious), so if that type of thing bothers you, and you desire more upmarket or modern facilities, then you may want to look elsewhere. The price reflects this though, and you may not be bothered by aesthetics. The rooms are all clean and I found the airconditioner worked very well. The staff are all lovely, friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the restaurant was of ample size, starting off with a plate of fresh fruit, and pretty good coffee, and then whatever you choose for that day. I'm not a bacon and eggs type of eater, so had a banana pancake the first morning. I asked my husband to order me the banana pancake again next morning as I was running late, but he accidently asked for a banana fritter. Not a problem to the staff, they were happy to oblige and I got a surprise when the fritter came out instead of the pancake. The fritter was delicious though, and I happily had one every morning for the rest of my stay. (This item wasn't on the menu, I must point out. Just an example of how the staff will do anything for you). This is a small hotel of 20 or so rooms, so you get a chance to get to know the staff, and they you. There is a lot of reviews of lack of poolside lounge chairs, and there isn't really any room for them to squeeze many more in, but I would urge the managers to police the hogging of the loungers, as many greedy visitors do hog the chairs by putting their things on there and then go away to have breakfast or lunch, or go to the shops for hours at a time,and hog the chairs all day. The hotel needs a dedicated pool attendant who could make sure people give up their lounge so that other visitors get a chance to use them. A lot of places say if you abandon a lounger for more than half an hour the attendant will remove your things so that others can use the facilities. It would be much fairer. I would also suggest the bar staff do a regular walk around the pool and ask if anyone wants to order a drink. I would have appreciated this service; there's nothing nicer than a cold drink as you lay by the pool, but sometimes you just couldn't be bothered getting up. They would increase their revenue from the drink sales doing this also. We checked out at 12pm on our last day in Bali, but our flight wasn't until 11pm, so we had the hotel mind our bags for us in the office area, and we were allowed to use the pool and restaurant facilities until later that evening. It was very relaxing to have the afternoon by the pool (yes, we were lucky to get loungers) and there is also a lounge area with t.v which we used for a while. (There is an outdoor shower by the pool, and I used this for a quick wash and shampoo of the hair before changing and heading to the airport.) So you can get by without spending money on a room for half a day. All in all we enjoyed our stay at Tamukami Hotel.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room with balcony overlooking the pool. You could use the balcony railing to dry...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Tamukami Hotel from 12 Aug to 15 Aug.
It was the last stop of our 16 days vacation and it finished our perfect vacation with top grades.

It is a small hotel, a way from the busy road and the many people at the beach.
The surroundings at the hotel are stunning, plants, pool, trees etc. are perfectly put together, in order to make it a feeling of having your own home.

They also have a really really great restaurant at the hotel, called Alice's restaurant.
As the hotel is situated away from the main road, not many people come to the restaurant and that is a pity (for the owner of it), but for us it was perfect.
We had really great local food and the best balinese ristjaffel in whole Bali.

So pls. go there to support the owners.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is great and nicely set back from the noisy road. The rooms are lovely and spacious although my upstairs room (405) only had half a view to the garden and the other half to the roof of the rooms next door. The gardens are lovely although maybe a little bit claustrophobic. The breakfast was only average with a very limited al a carte choice. I found all the stairs - at the entrance and up to the room - quite steep and even though I am relatively fit, I found them not that easy to go up and down with my luggage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 days in this hotel! Rooms are huge and really clean! The hotel is not too big and very well located! A place to recommend!! The team is very friendly and really keen to help in any conditions!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Tamukami Hotel? Share your experiences!