We have just returned (24/11/14 10 nights). The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and the food is as good as I have had in Bali (5 trips to Bali).
The location is quite a distance from any-where else. So do not expect any activity near this hotel, you will need to taxi to Kuta, Bali Galleria etc. NOTE take a business card from the hotel, only 1-2 drivers knew where the hotel is and we took some 20+ taxi rides, so if you want to return successfully to the hotel you will need a card and directions!!
The shuttle from the hotel is good, but the driver only wants to drop you off at one location in the main street of Sanur, giving us a walk to Starbucks.
I walked to the local beach from the hotel some 10-15 min walk. Not a pretty sight at the beach, best avoided, travel to the main section of beach in Sanur for food and activity. There is a large sign as you turn off the main road to the KaMaya hotel showing a great beach shot saying... "only 300 meters" I have no idea where that is but it certainly is no where near the KaMaya, lots of backwater and mangroves. Surprisingly not a real mosquito problem, used the mossy coils and sprayed the room and all good.
The place is very quiet, mind you you are in the flight path from the airport so jets are constantly flying over, this didn't bother us.
We stayed in a lania room with a pool (no5). Very nice, however: pool steps were slimy, (asked for it to be cleaned several times to no avail) the a/c was grossly inadequate, the oudoor furniture squeaked all the time you sat on them (no, I'm 94 kg, so weight is not an issue here), the sliding door is extremely noisy and not light to slide. The interesting thing is the step from the room to the bathroom, miss this and you are in for a fall as it has a very small landing. The water was a bit iffy, water would run out all of a sudden but hey it makes life interesting. Shower head needs fixing. Not much exterior lighting at night when returning to your room and the paths are a little up and down which could prove a hazard
Our room was close to another room and heard the romantic groanings from the pool next door, hey they are on holidays what the heck...... no tv in the rooms :)
The pricing was very reasonable, great room service, breakfast a real treat both in the room and dinning area.
Would I return to this hotel? probably not. Would I recommend this hotel? probably not.
We looked for a late checkout from our room, but this was not possible, we upgraded to a 2 room villa with pool for the last night and late check out. This was very nice, great pool and surroundings, however no safe for passports etc. Its location is on the boundary of the hotel complex so you heard local traffic etc, that was no big deal, the smell of urine however was not all that exciting (obviously the locals use the large wall as a urinal)
Don't ask me about wifi, I'm on holidays I don't care what they have I want a break from all that stuff! Hence I did't use it.
In short, a pleasant break, economical, clean, good food, good transport to Sanur, had a great massage at hotel BUT a long way away from anything and parts of the place need a little attention
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sanctuary from modern world. An island of serenity and quite.A perfect home base for your exploration of the beauty of Bali Island.Located at the western extremity of Sanur - You'll find thirdtheen delightful Balinese - Style dwellings in an exclusive sculptured environment, Seclusion, Relaxation, Serenity.Six individual self contained Villas complete with kitchen. Some with two bedrooms, some with one, all exquisite in design and detail. All stylish Balinese.A Massage Centre and Spa.A swimming pool design to echo the ancient Balinese temple bathing place. Mysterious carved statues peer through the lush tropical plantings. Ponds and water features erupt with lilies, lotus, and colorful fish.With five individual self contained villas.Each villa provides for you to make your own selves coffee or tea at anytime. A communal kitchen for us to cook you anything from a quick snack to a banquet are available. And private swimming pool for you to have relaxation in privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your kaMAYA Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waka Maya Resort Villa Hotel Sanur
- Waka Maya Hotel
- KaMAYA Resort And Villas Sanur, Bali