A beautifully presented, private, well staffed hotel.
I booked through my travel agent in Australia off a brochure. My wife and I had three nights to fill and have never been taken by the fleshpots of Bali. Sanur was half way to Ubud, where we usually stay. I had organised with the hotel a transfer from the airport, so I didn't have to worry about the argy-bargy at arrivals. Sadly, KaMAYA didn't supply one and it took a telephone call to find out that 'the driver was not working today'. There was however an hysterically funny porter, who pretended to be a cabbie, who guided us to the taxi rank, where the fees are paid before the trip.
The room vastly compensated for the inconvenience of the taxi ride. They upgraded us to Villa Bija. It was all the brochure promised and more.
The staff was very helpful getting us about, too...even if the driver didn't turn up for the three days we were there. Those little Blue Cabs dropped us free to the places we needed to go. (It wasn't really free; the hotel footed the bill!)
We spent a great three days unwinding, walking, people watching, looking over the fences at the big resorts, eating (there are some great little restaurants on the beach - go lokal!), laughing with the hustlers for the markets, enjoying the Balinese sense of humour and life.
The down sides: the big one was that if you signed up for the wifi connection, it cost a fortune. Check it before you sign on. It was more expensive than the room tariff. And they didn't warn you about the price.
We're used to a bit more hands on contact with staff. They are very efficient here, but a bit distant. A bit different out on the street, the lokals are full of smiles and 'selamat pagi's'.
The bathroom was a touch dodgy, we had two showers, one in a cavernous sunken bath and it was a touch dingy in there...
...but that pool, the rest, the
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sanctuary from modern world. An island of serenity and quite.A perfect home base for your exploration of the beauty of Bali Island.Located at the western extremity of Sanur - You'll find thirdtheen delightful Balinese - Style dwellings in an exclusive sculptured environment, Seclusion, Relaxation, Serenity.Six individual self contained Villas complete with kitchen. Some with two bedrooms, some with one, all exquisite in design and detail. All stylish Balinese.A Massage Centre and Spa.A swimming pool design to echo the ancient Balinese temple bathing place. Mysterious carved statues peer through the lush tropical plantings. Ponds and water features erupt with lilies, lotus, and colorful fish.With five individual self contained villas.Each villa provides for you to make your own selves coffee or tea at anytime. A communal kitchen for us to cook you anything from a quick snack to a banquet are available. And private swimming pool for you to have relaxation in privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your kaMAYA Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waka Maya Resort Villa Hotel Sanur
- Waka Maya Hotel
- KaMAYA Resort And Villas Sanur, Bali